vst connect, friend connect and studio key?

The use of the VPN has been forced on me as I cannot test it at home on the same network without buying the pro version. But why would I buy the pro version if I’m not sure it’s going to work on my setup. The reason for testing at home is that myself and a collab partner tried to use it but we kept having connection/log in issues and so I wanted to try to sort out issues myself as calling over Skype and pointing phones at each other’s screens was not working. Also, regards the VPN, an initial problem is just logging into the system on my VST connect SE computer (no VPN) so while the VPN may be an issue later, it’s not a factor in the intial crashes and connection problems.

As for the Steinberg video "skipping over the log in part’', ‘usually’ is the key word here. There is no denying that it omits certain steps which when you are having problems gives you nothing to fall back on.

One issue I suspect in that my music computer is only Windows 8 and I’ve been happy with the stability but may try to upgrade to Win 10 to see if it helps with VST connect.

I take on board the venting comments, and will for the moment just leave VST connect and continue passing projects via Dropbox. I’ll have another go later and get back if I finally get things working.

My System - Windows 8, Cubase 10 pro latest update, Vst connect latest (4.0.44)

Joe