Cubase 10.5 HiDPI on Windows 10

Seems the only thing we can do now is wait and create a Zoom support group for all the frustrated 4K Windows users! I actually had to downgrade and buy 2 used 1080p monitors. This is the first time ever I’ve downgraded hardware for software.

To help with the Steinberg 4K GUI frustrations killing my creativity, I actually started using Bitwig and Cubasis on my 12.9 iPad in my creative DAW workflow… Bitwig really did an amazing job on the UI. It is very similar layout to Cubase/Nuendo with the inspector on left and media on right. Of course Bitwig’s post power, multichannel and MIDI editor is way behind Cubase Pro/Nuendo, but the Bitwig UI is far beyond Ableton. They have DPI awareness nailed down.

So for using my plugin synths in 4k, using their modulation options, modular grid and producing using scenes, finally music and my GUI has become fun vs frustrating. It just sucks to have to export/import all my songs via MIDI for post.

Also, the new Nuendo update also launched and nothing new on fixing the 4k flaws… but we now also have a color mixer like Cubase :>.

I really hope Steinberg management sees the many users suffering in the forums and can prioritize this even over launching new products… I know from working with Japanese and German Music Industry companies that they want to stick to launch timelines to the death, but the smart strategy is prioritizing the fix of the flagship UI flaws that enable the overall Steinberg ecosystem to flourish.