Feature Request - plugin only active during input monitoring?

PG, I just tried this, and it ALMOST works, but not quite. I’m using:

1. One stereo track with all of my previous recorded masters on it (for final CD prep, AND as a reference). Each clip has it’s own clip FX.
    AND
  2. A 2nd stereo track with monitoring always enabled. This is monitoring live input for the song I’m currently mastering. It has track effects enabled, and this appears to work very well! :slight_smile:

If I try to use SOLO to change between the tracks, the monitor enable button on track 2 remains active even with track 1 in SOLO mode… and it’s output is not muted. Because of this, I hear BOTH track 1, and the live input on track 2 simultaneously… but I need to hear either one or the other. Not both.

Can you make it so when a track is muted, it mutes ALL output for that track? - Even if input monitoring for that track is enabled? This way, when I select SOLO on track 1 (my reference), track 1 is all I hear. It doesn’t make sense to still hear audio coming from a muted track - even if it’s through the live track monitor input. Anyway - when I want to listen to live input again, I could click SOLO on track 2, and track monitor would still be enabled, and it just becomes audible (unmuted).

Thanks,
Todd

Alternatively, here’s another idea too that may be helpful…

In the inspector, we have tabs for clip FX, track FX, and output FX. What if track FX was divided into two sections (one for standard track FX, and one for INPUT FX (monitor track FX)? That way, we could have FX that would only run on a selected track if the monitor input for that track is enabled… It would be helpful in this case to have an option for “copy track input FX to selected clip”, and “copy track input FX to standard track FX”.

If working this way, I would not need two separate stereo tracks. I could just enable/disable the track monitor button to instantly toggle between live input (with it’s own input FX), and track playback of my already recorded reference tracks (with it’s clip FX AND/or standard track FX).