VST Connect Pro setup sucks

I do understand that when you dive into it, it’s not so simple. This is due to the fact that VST Connect has to install some ‘quirks’ in order to work entirely with plugins, as we cannot integrate it deeper into Cubase/Nuendo yet. But we keep working on that and on making it as transparent as possible, such that it feels as much as a regular Studio recording as can be acheived.
We are here to help directly and we can tell from the data that the vast majority is using it at least for longer periods time which indicates that it works for them. The “Create VST Connect” function helps to make it a one-stop setup as long as you don’t mess with it.
Most problems are related to network quality; people accept continuous hiccups with zoom or Skype and the likes, but not with VST connect. Also again and again they use other network tools like those mentioned, or teamspeak, or “remote to my iMac”…not a good idea along with VST Connect. If you haven’t been there yet, we suggest to have a closer look at this collection of recommendations and troubleshooting (also latest versions): https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360012899079
Another problematic area is that most users are not familiar with the Control Room. They have been recording themselves for years, but since the early days of broadcast, the Control Room system with cue, talkback, dim etc has been mandatory for recording somebody “next room”. Once you get the hang of it, it’s actually quite easy to set up and use.
So, “connecting up a “performer” with a Cubase “studio” needs to be a lot simpler and reliable.”…here, I create an empty project, apply “Create VST Connect (PRO)”, Performer starts VST Connect Performer and we connect by double-clicking friends name after login on either side (or use ID method). What would you suggest to make it “simpler”? It also works reliably even with a connection half around the globe, but network quality (not speed, nor bandwith) and avoiding other network-intensive apps are of concern. And as said, we’re here to help and take suggestions.