Advice Needed 52 year Old Boomer (Sound Setup)

Hi, I’m baffled by this. I work as a Theater Technician. I have no idea why I cant get this to work.
with the covid 19 pandemic iv been laid off work since Febuary, so Iv gotten into what young kids are doing chatting to friends on video calls (ok boomer) haha

I recent go that Rode Podmic with the boom arm SPA or something it was called. Anyways I’m running a XLR from that (basic) into this Yamaha AG03 Audio Interface

Downloaded all Drivers for the Audio interface (AG03) cause that’s what my son told me to do
Cuebase 10.5.20 Updated Newest Version then he told me to update the software

Studio > Studio Sets ups > VST Audio Systems > Selected the Audio Interface driver .

When I do this option. I have no Audio coming from my playback or any input signal from my Microphone
my google web browser and youtube videos stop playing. I’m greeted with this “audio renderer error youtube restart computer”

So I restart . Turn off the Audio interface . The sound magial works now.
I click the option back > Studio > Studio Sets ups > VST Audio Systems > Selected the Audio Interface driver
The Difference here. I change this to the computer ASIO Driver and not tha AG03 Interface .
I’m greeted with playback everything is working but my interface and microphone is not sending or receive any audio.

and yes I have Phantom Power switched on I’m not that bad haha.

Ok, well, do you want to use this mic and interface with Cubase or to chat on video calls?

There’s a function in the software where you set if Cubase allows the driver to be released when Cubase is no longer in focus. If you do that you’ll get an either/or scenario depending on the driver. In other words if Cubase is set to release the driver then when Cubase is in focus on your computer it will control the driver and thus access the interface, and when you then switch over to YouTube either via an app or a browser Cubase should release the driver so that app/browser can use it. But that’s still either or and in my experience sometimes a bit “inconsistent”.

If you actually want to use the mic for video calls then I would expect that whatever software you use for the video calls, zoom or hangouts or whatever, will allow you to select that interface as input/output, and you wont’ need to touch Cubase.

PS: In my version of Nuendo “release driver when application is in background” is found in “studio”-“Studio Setup”-“VST Audio System” page toward the top.

In addition to that if you’re on Windows I believe there’s a setting there as well if you access the device through “sound” in “settings”, and then “device properties” and “additional properties” (to the right)… in that pop-up window in the “advanced” tab you can tell the OS if applications can take exclusive control of the device (interface) or not. Maybe try that as well.