Last TOOLS for MR version 1.7.9 for macOS released

“This has been a difficult decision for the Steinberg and Yamaha team, but it will have a positive impact on the allocation of resources for developing new products.”

Yes I’m sure it was a very difficult decision to give your customers the finger and tell us that you are no longer interested in our business!

The MR816 is an excellent interface and, as far as I’ve heard, the only interfaces that works correctly with the Control Room feature and Direct monitoring. Also we can daisychain up to three MR816s for 24 analogue outputs/inputs (actually, with three Alesis AI3s, we can have up to 48 simultaneous inputs/outputs)! There are not very many interfaces that can rival this!

If Steinberg think that you can force your users to waste money and ditch the excellent sounding MR816 interfaces and buy new Steinberg interfaces, you are sadly mistaken. If I’m forced to replace a perfectly usable interface for no reason, I guarantee that it won’t be with a Steinberg product. “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

The issue is actually far worse! Not only will Steinberg prevent us from upgrading Catalina. Within about three years, Steinberg will prevent us from upgrading Cubase/Nuendo as well, when support for Mojave is dropped!

“From macOS 10.15 (Catalina) Apple has ceased to support 32-bit applications”. So, What! I’m convinced that Steinbergs programmers could recompile the drivers to 64-bit format in an afternoon!

Is Steinberg really sure that you will drive your customers away, this way. Remember, you are not Apple!

Please, rethink this catastrophic idea (that is, unless you think that you have to many customers).

3 Likes