Gift an upgrade to a friend

I have Cubase 10.5 and I would like to gift an upgrade from 8.5 to 10.5 to a friend.
Does anyone know whether Steiberg sell gift vouchers please?
or if not:
If I log in with my details and pay for the upgrade (presumably with his serial number?), whether that will work for him or will it be registered as 2 x Cubase 10.5 for me only to use?

I tried sending nexway customer service centre (their on line sales agent) an on line enquiry but they didn’t respond :frowning:

Thanks in advance.

A License is only registered if it is downloaded on a USB key that is registered. So it does not matter who buys the License, but only on whose USB stick is it downloaded to. So yes, you can log in with your details and buy whatever update / upgrade you want, and the just give your friend the download Code you receive, so he can download the license to his USB key.

Thank you so much for that information, much appreciated! I’ll go and buy it now.
It’s been impossible to get a response from Nexway or Steinberg - I reckon they’re missing out on not offering gift certificates that spouses or others could buy.

So did it work for you? Did you manage to gift an upgrade to a friend?
I am thinking about the same and I am glad I found your post!

PS I have also had so many issues with Steinbergs support- this is really frustrating. They never answer emails, so I normally end up calling them.