Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Hello
Does someone have an idea how to fix the problem with eLicenser internet connection issue.
Have tried everything with firewalls, proxy and Lan card settings , and yet the connection issue still persist.
Sadly my Equipment came without USB dongle witch makes I-net activation the only choice I have atm.
If someone knows other way to activate the product please help.
Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Hello, I buy the cubase element 8 download version. I follow the installation instruction but I can activate my elincenser key. It say that I need the permission from the builder to activate my elincenser. My activate code from my bill don’t work. Can you help me?

On Sunday I purchased the UR242 Audio Interface which came with Cubase AI. I have downloaded and installed my software, entered my UR 242 serial number, the registration number and the licence number. When I open the software it says I don’t have a licence. So when I input the number and try again it says that serial number has been used. So I am stuck with something I bought on Sunday that I cant use HELP

I have brought Steinberg product UR 12 Sound Card wit which I got Cubase AI product key by which I tried to download the version through the on net instruction & the download started. But it stopped after sometimes and am unable to restart the download.
Please give me suggestion so that I could use it.

Hi I’m also experiencing the internet connection error when activation Cubase AI 8:

A connection to the license server could not be established, because the license server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintenance work).

Please try again later, or contact your software vendor’s support department in case the problem persists.

Is there anything I can do? I have the latest software updates and even the eLicenser Control Center version.

Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find a direct contact email for Steinberg Support. I got this with the purchase of a YAMAHA THR10X amplifier.

Thanks

Sorry for this! The license server was indeed temporarily not available. This has been fixed now and we are back to normal operation. It should be possible to activate the licenses now.

Is Steinberg having connectivity/server problems again? I Cannot register my eLicenser nor my Cubase AI 8 since yesterday…
The Registration page hangs after I inserted my eLicenser code.
The eLicenser refuses to accept my Cubase activation code.
I raised the problem with the technical support but I had no answer.

Any advice is welcome.

I recently purchased a UR22. When I tried to download the Cubase AI, the site tells me that my serial number is not valid.
I’m typing it right off the bottom of the unit. Please help! I’m trying to get this going before Christmas…
Ok Ok, I just want to play with it before I give it to my daughter…

thanks

Kal-El, you have an unused activation code in your MySteinberg account. That’s basically all you need to download the license and use Cubase AI 9.

License server appears to be down. Disappointing kids can’t play with their new toy on Christmas… or Boxing Day… or… ?

Hi,

I have Cubase LE 5 but i can’t install e licenser to my computer, i have Windows Vista 64bit.
So, i’'ve downloaded eLicenser Control Center 6.7.1.8151 and i installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
But when i click to the installer it don’t do anything at all. I tried to turn down the windows firewall and search
in background running applications but i still got nothing goin on with the installer.

I’m waiting for your urgent answer.
Best regards,
RB

Hi,

I recently bought a used Yamaha THR10 but I would love to activate and download Cubase AI, is this possible?

/Best regards,

Mats

Hello,
I have purchased a new UR22 mkII, but I’ve had no activation code for Cubase AI in the box… I’ve searched for it all over the box and I can’t find it. Is there anyway I could activate the product? My device is registered via serial number in the MySteinberg area.

Thanks in advance,
Inon

del

Hi i am a newbie, :mrgreen:

just installed cubase LE8 (windows 10 64 Bit)

i cannot find my midi keyboard in the menu, does anyone know if my keyboard
Yamaha PSR3000 is midi compatible with cubase Le8 ?

many thanks in advance,

Dear All,

I have bought MOXF8 synthesizer pre-owned keyboard. I believe that Yamaha provide cubase AI version for free for Yamaha products. Unfortunately, when I bought it, the seller throw all activation code so the product key is not included. He just give me suggestion to contact local Yamaha shop.

When I went to Yamaha local shop and they cant answered how to recover those activation key.

Any idea how to get these keys back. I can only provide MOXF product serial number and hardware only.

Regards
Jacob

Hello,

I have bought Cubase LE 4 (with my TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6) a couple of years ago. I have installad the software and activated it but now I haven’t used for a couple of years. I’ve lost the installation CD but I have the activation code and it is successfully recognized by soft e-licenser.

Can you please help - how can I install Cubase LE 4 again so I can buy the Elements 9 version via upgrade. Again, I have no installation disk for LE 4.

Thank you very much for all help.

Tom

Hi,

I recently bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio that came with Cubase LE. When I go to download the software, I am asked to register my email with Steinberg. After I type in my email, it says a confirmation email will be sent to the address. However, 3 or 4 resends later, I have still yet to receive a confirmation email from Steinberg. I have checked my spam folder along with every other folder.

This is my first experience with any type of recording software, and so far, I am not feeling great about it. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Hello, everyone! I got an activation code for Cubase LE 9 with my Zoom H6. I tried to download the installer ZIP twice. Both times, after a few minutes of apparently problem-free, uninterrupted downloading of something resembling a 5 GB ZIP file, I was not able to extract anything from the file.

With each download attempt, I encountered two problems. First, I tried the usual extraction of the contents through Windows, and was told that the entire ZIP file was completely empty. Next, when I tried using Windows Explorer to look at the contents of the ZIP file, I was informed that the ZIP file was somehow “invalid,” but there was no further information beyond that as to how it was invalid. Again, to be clear, I got both of these messages from Windows with each of the downloaded ZIP files.

After encountering these messages with the first download, I deleted the entire ZIP file and tried a second download; this is how I know I was not simply trying to open the same corrupted ZIP file the second time, thinking it was the second downloaded ZIP file. I figured this might be worth mentioning, in case someone feels the need to eliminate the silly-user possibilities.

One other thing to mention is that a scan of the ZIP file for viruses revealed that there were contents in the second download. Since the scan got past 11% and was showing file names, I cancelled the scan, and concluded that there were contents, but that I was not going to be able to get to them.

Thus, I was forced to conclude that the actual ZIP file from Steinberg was the problem. I have never seen this problem with any ZIP file, ever, from a valid source.

I submitted a trouble ticket, but after discovering this forum, I decided to ask here as well.

Does anyone have any information on such a problem with the ZIP file? Is there another way to try to get my copy of Cubase LE 9 besides the normal way?

I purchased a Yamaha XU10XU, and received a Cubase AI version. After using the product for a few days I received a window offering a discounted UPGRADE to Cubase Elements from Cubase AI.I finally decided to do the upgrade and after the download, I unzipped the files and started the installation and it says Cubase Elements is already installed??? I submitted a ticket and so far no response. Any Ideas here?