Ozone crash

Hi,

i’ve been mastering using Wavelab 10 for a few months and all has been solid. Today I find that any time I load one of the izotope ozone package plug ins Wavelab quits. What is the procedure for clearing prefs for Wavelab? Or any other time greatly appreciated. I just updated to the latest 10.04 but that did not solve the problem

Many thanks

It would be good to specify which operating system you use, and make sure you’re using the latest WaveLab 10.0.40 update that came out just today.

In addition, it would be good to specify which version of Ozone you are using, and make sure it’s up to date.

Lastly, it would be good to say where you are inserting Ozone. The master section? Clip FX? Montage Output FX?

On MacOS Mojave and the latest Ozone 9 Advanced, I am not having any troubles with the handful of Ozone module plugin I use. I never load the full version because it’s a CPU hog.

Ok yes sorry, i was forgetting.

iMac running Mojave 10.14.6
Ozone 8
I am applying the plug in to a Clip within the Audio montage.

I can’t speak for all but it seems that Ozone 8 was problematic in WaveLab, and Ozone 9 is better. That is my current experience.

Also, iZotope doesn’t seem to support WaveLab 10 officially for Ozone 9, and I can’t find if and what they supported for Ozone 8 because it’s old:

Supported Hosts for Ozone 9:

Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9–10, Pro Tools 12.8-2019, FL Studio 20, Cubase 9–10, Nuendo 10, Wavelab 9, Sound Forge Pro 13, Sound Forge Mac 3, Studio One 4, REAPER 5, Reason 10, Audition CC 2019, Premiere Pro CC 2019, MASCHINE 2, Komplete Kontrol, Bitwig Studio 3, Final Cut Pro X.

It has been working for 2 months and previously with 8.5 which i was on it was working really rock solid.

The main thing is I don’t know how to delete the prefs for reinstalling ozone 8. Ozone plugs are working absolutely fine in Logic and RX.

Just tried Ozone 9 with 10.0.40 WL - seems to be fine. I’m using it in the master section.
Catalina 10.15.4

Right, but WaveLab 8.5 is not WaveLab 10, and WaveLab is not Logic and RX. So…

After extensive trials in new montages or applying to different files via the master section I have established that the Ozone plugs can be applied to the master section, but never to the initial problematic file. I now see that file is 32 bit float, and when you select the plug in it has 64F written next to it. I wonder if that is causing it? Another observation, if I copy a plug in strip from one clip to another, I can do that even if there’s an ozone plug used in the strip. The crash mainly seems to happen when I try to load a single instance of an ozone plug in on a clip.

I now see that file is 32 bit float, and when you select the plug in it has 64F written next to it

File format is isolated from plugin sample format.
However, you may try the following option, to reduce the memory consumption of Ozone.
2020-06-04_22-10-05.png
Be aware that Ozone is a very memory hungry plugin. Each time you load one Ozone plugin, it consumes more memory than the whole WaveLab application itself!

Philippe

Dam, always interesting. PG, you are full of all kinds of information! I’m not having any problems - and I have no reason to load two versions of Ozone 9 into WL - but I will change this to 32bit float. Thanks!

but I will change this to 32bit float

Don’t expect the memory consumption to be divided by 2, however.
I just know it can help, but I ignore to which extent.

Thanks very much for that tip PG.I’ll check that.

I’ve had the same Ozone crash with 10.0.40.
Everything was fine with 10.0.30.

1 Like

I just noticed that, while all my plugins have been reset to 32 bit, the built in Silence plugin is set at 64 bit without an option to change it. Is this going to be a problem?

I just noticed that, while all my plugins have been reset to 32 bit, the built in Silence plugin is set at 64 bit without an option to change it.

How did you notice this?

Anyway, this is not a problem at all. The silence plugin is not processing existing samples.

Ah, I understand.

I opened the Plugins folder and scrolled to the bottom of the list. There I found Silence, and it is listed as 64 bit while all my other plugins are listed at 32 bit as I selected on June 4.