After update 10.5.20 my CPU is VERY HIGH!

Hey everyone

I updated to the newest version of Cubase pro 10.5.20 and since then my CPU is going crazy!
I had no problems before the update and i tried to clean my macbook pro (hard-drive , cashes etc) but nothing.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem??
I need help please. i have projects to finish and cant work on them because of this problem!

HELP!!!

This has happened to me with EVERY version of Cubase 10.5. ALL the updates including the current 10.5.20 have resulted in this behavior on my system. Some of the updates caused the spikes to come sooner than later, but come they always do. I also use Nuendo 10. I am truly happy about that, because the same songs that cause CPU spikes in Cubase cause none in Nuendo.

Me too, started to have performance peaks and can’t work smoothly in the same project that I created with 10.5.1 :frowning:

Hi all,

Could you please make sure that the “Suspend VST3 plug-in processing when no audio signals are received” is ticked off in the preferences (in VST > Plug-ins)?

Thanks,
Matthias

Hi Theo, I hope you are doing well in these crazy times!

You too my Mathias friend! I am rocking on mixes and recordings remotely thanks to my Steinberg software! I haven’t missed a beat, I’m actually busier than I was before the pandemic. (Thanks also to super fast internet otherwise I’d be buggered)

I’ll try your VST suggestion and write back after. Thanks!

“Suspend VST3 plug-in processing when no audio signals are received” is ticked off

any other suggestions???

I keep working with 10.0.60; very stable and no problems it seems, except for blurry fonts on a 4k monitor.
Besides i now use windows 10 LTSC … very little bloatware and Microsuck forced updates that screwed up 2 pc’s and a laptop running Windows 10 pro recently.

how can i downgrade to 10.5.12??? i cant seem to find the drivers anywhere

Yes cubase 10.5.20 is really getting on my nerves
Same thing happening while using windows

Try disabling your cpu’s virtual cores through your BIOS, and try it again.

I note steinberg doesn’t like to be forthcoming with this suggestion, but will suggest a myriad of other potential sources, first, for these issues. Many users are simply unable to use hyperthreading in this version without those cpu (ASIO internal processing) overloads, and this is documented.

This Didn’t Fix My Problem I Was Wondering if You Had any Other Suggestions ?
Im Running Cubase 10.5.20 on A MacBook Pro 16 GB Ram , Off of a Scarlett 4i4 Focusrite and Cant Seam To Fix The Real Time Peak All My Equipment Is Great . Anything ?