UI Suggestion For Occasional Users

If you want Wavelab to be more like Cubase you could try changing your keyboard shortcuts in Wavelab to match those in Cubase? It wouldn’t be a Cubase Interface but it would help.

To be honest it’s not very clear what you actually mean by ‘Follow’ and ‘Scroll’… if you mean ‘auto scroll’, this is not called ‘Follow’ in Cubase, it’s called ‘Auto-Scroll’ and this is what appears in the tooltip. In Wavelab the equivalent thing is called ‘View Follows Cursor’ and it’s found in the playback section of the View ribbon. If you take a minute to change its shortcut to ‘F’ then you have the same as the default in Cubase.

Why is ‘Snap’ in totally the wrong place? It’s in Edit, called ‘Snap to Magnets’ in a section called Snapping which seems logical to me (if this is the function you are referring to). Once again you can change the default shortcut to be the same as in Cubase.

I agree, Wavelab takes some getting used to but due to its flexibility there’s already a lot you can do with its workspace and keyboard shortcuts to make it behave more like you are used to in Cubase. However, one thing I’ve always wanted in Wavelab 10 is the possibility of adding specific function buttons to the Command bar, so that commonly used functions could reside there and always be available/visible on the interface. Something like this would be similar to the Toolbar in Cubase and might go some way towards making Wavelab a bit more like Cubase, as you are suggesting.

P.S. I’m assuming you are using Cubase Pro 10/10.5 and Wavelab Pro 10.