Can't drag and drop grooves from EZ drummer

Hello anybody. I have previously just dragged a groove from my ez drummer into a track in cubase artist 7, but now I can’t. I can open ez drummer, but when I try to drag a groove it fails. Maybe it has something to do that I have reinstalled ez drummer??? or are there some settings I have forgotten??
Please help.

A couple of suggestions/thoughts…

I am assuming you can hear the grooves when you click on them…

1. Make sure you have updated your version of EZD to the latest available from Toontrack.
  2. Try loading the grooves to a different type of CB track. Meaning if trying to drag into a midi track, try dragging into an instrument track (or vise-versa).
  3. Make sure you are dragging the groove from the “correct” area on the groove itself.

Good luck and let us know how you sort this out (if you ever do). :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Now I have upgraded to EZdrummer 2, wich is much better in solo mode, but I can’t get these grooves dropped in cubase same kind of track I’m using. is there something about installing and where to place some files?

Try this…

Make sure your Cubase and EZD2 are both set to “Run as Administrator”. These settings sometimes get changed especially when upgrading software. To do that right click on the Cubase icon and, under the “compatibility” tab click on the Run as Admin box. Do the same with the stand alone version of EZD2. Right click on the Icon (it might be in the PC start menu).

Try that first and hopefully you will be all set. If not, then there are some preference settings under midi>import that we can look at too.

Please report back if this works or not. Thanks.

Regards :sunglasses:

Try creating a new empty midi track directly above the EZD one.then try dragging to the original track, then the new track if that doesnt work.

Cubase will not allow drag and drop with BFD3 either - contact Steinberg - good luck with that as they are very slow at replying once they have your money.

Simon Connor
SieCo Studios UK LTD