Certain Waves Plugins do not activate

Discussions about VST Instruments and VST plug-ins from other manufacturers
bernieschmidt

Certain Waves Plugins do not activate

Post by bernieschmidt »

Hello All, by way of example, I have projects where all Wave plugins work and one project where the Waves-based dynamic plugins (C6 as an example) load but are inactive (see image: plugin slot is greyed out and plugin's on/off and bypass not visible).

I rebuilt the music project in a new project file (importing tracks via the new import function) and ended up with the same issue of inactive plugins.

This suggests to me that there must be some Cubase function that I invoked inadvertently to "freeze" these plugins, although I don't know why other Waves plugins continue to work.

Any suggestions/advice welcome, thank you bernie
Attachments
C6 Inactive.PNG
(232.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CPU: Dell XPS 8930 Core i9 16GB RAM 2TB SSD, OS: Windows 10, DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5, Audio I/F: Steinberg UR44C,
SW: OMNISphere, Stylus RMX, NI Kontakt, Waves Audio

mr.roos

Re: Certain Waves Plugins do not activate

Post by mr.roos »

Sounds like you need to load the new Waves Central App. When you do this, all the plugins will be refreshed, V10 or otherwise. This said,I think it might be best to contact Waves support because, depending on your DAW build and earlier versions of Wave Central, they will be able to point you to some files that need to be deleted. I recall I had something similar happen in the past and they walked me through the process.
Cubase 10.5 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 10, Groove Agent 5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (2004 update installed - latest OS build always), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), 1K iRig Pads, StudioLogic Numa Compact 2X 88-Key, and Roland FP-30.

Return to “VST Instruments and Virtual Effects (general)”