mp3 encoder

Hi,
New member here, also new to Stienberg Elements 7.
I have just purchased and downloaded the mp3 encoder plug in for Mac, that provides unlimited mp3 encoding (Mac OS X 10.6.8).
I have also been provided with the license key at the download point of sale.
The dmg. appears to install correctly, and I get the “installation complete” window but the application does not show in the applications folder, nor can I find any access to the plug in, in Elements 7.
When I try encoding to mp3, there is no option to activate the plug in, or to install the activation key, just the following message
“Note! You cannot export to MP3 any more. You have used up all 20 MP3 exports that come with this version. For unlimited exports, you can buy the MP3 plug-in.”

Bloody frustrating…I’ve just bought it and installed it!!!

I now have no mp3 exports left, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers…Brian

Contact Steinberg support.

You can also use LAME until your problem is solved (and even after).

Download it here

http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

Yep thanks, they’ve got back to me now, issue is sorted.

Thanks for that, I’ll check it out, might be useful in future

Thanks for your time and input.

LAME has issues.
We recently had to do a batch of MP3 files for embedding into a Flash player with video for a teacher resources site.
All the LAME encodes in WaveLab failed, every single time.
Redid them using Fraunhofer out of Adobe’s Audition 3 using identical settings and all passed.

Could be that Wavelab has the issue and not Lame. That you used Fraun in Audition doesn’t tell us whether WL would have been successful using Fraun instead of LAME. Interesting that you went right over to Audition tho.

VP

LAME has issues.
We recently had to do a batch of MP3 files for embedding into a Flash player with video for a teacher resources site.
All the LAME encodes in WaveLab failed, every single time.

maybe and I don’t know it could be the batch processing and LAME perhaps, simply I don’t have
heard or seen this problem with a singel MP3 and LAME using WL for a long time now :wink:

any special settings in the LAME encoder ?

regards S-EH

Interesting. Can you tell us in what way they failed? During creation or were there problems with the resulting files?

Luck, Arjan

Hi there!
I have a version os Cubase 6 that was doing fine on my computer until the last windows update. It is the one sold with de zoom h4 recorder. since this update de elicense for the mp3 plug-in broke, it can´t update or fix through the tools offered in the elicenser. Reinstalling was no good.

What can I do? Is the program so old I can´t expect to fix this bug? is there any way I can download and reinstall the mp3 enconder, specifically?

Thanks!