MR816csx locked to cubase even when not used ?

Hi there,
So while cubase is up and running on my pc my mr816csx is not available to be used by anything else even when not the active asio device. I can use say my xair xr18 as the asio device within cubase and then in theory free up the mr816 for other duties, but nope cubase keeps it to itself, not even the mr editor is allowed access to it. Is this a normal behavior or have i some how got a setting wrong to release it. I am thinking that it has something to do with the firewire driver side of it being exclusive to cubase whilst it is running. Has anybody else came across this problem and have a fix / work around. ?

Thanks
Brian mair

I’m not on my DAW PC at the moment, so I can’t tell you the exact menu this is in, but somewhere in Device Setup menu, under VST Audio, there is a checkbox that, when checked, tells Cubase to release the MR816 driver when Cubase is in the background.

I hope this helps.

Hi thanks,

I think its in the asio driver in devices, I will check it out and see if it works for me. Why didnt i think of that , sometimes you can’t see the forest for the tree’s.

Hi,
unfortunately this do’s not work for me. mr editor still reports that the firewire port is still in use by another application. Kinda crazy considering if I do have the mr816csx as the active hardware in cubase i can still play windows stuff through it. I still think that the yamaha firwire drivers are being given exlusivity to cubase at all times when cubase is running. I hope i am wrong and there is another setting somewhere to uncheck.

If the driver isn’t releasing for you even when the Release Driver in Background box is checked, it seems like time for a tech service request.