My Cubasis project is “damaged”

Was there a fix for this? I have the same issue.
Thanks

Hi JezBrett,

If you have a similar issue, please let us know the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
In addition please upload the project via Dropbox or similar, and let me have the download link via PM.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars
Thanks for getting back to me.
The app was closed down for around 12 hours. When I reopened it and tried to load the project, I got the message saying ‘project name.cbp could not be loaded, probably because it is damaged.’
I had 24 tracks of audio and about 25 tracks of midi. The audio has automatically saved to the Audio files.
I don’t know how to upload the project via Dropbox as it won’t share.
Can you advise any further please?

Hi JezBrett,

Are you able to grab the project from within Apples’ Files App?

Best,
Lars

I’ve PM you. have you received it?

Hi JezBrett,

Thanks for your message and PM.
I’ve recieved the project and shared it with our engineers.

Thanks
Lars

Thanks

I had the exact same issue last week, “project likely damaged” and “audio files saved/copied”. I only had 8 mono tracks and one insert effect. The time between when I finished recording and when I reopened the app was about 2 hrs. PM sent with Google Drive link.

Cubasis 2.8.3
project resolution 96k/24bit
iPad Mini 5 64GB
Tascam 208i audio interface.

Hi
Any news on this problem? Is it likely that the project will not be repaired? I haven’t used this forum before so I’m not sure what to expect from your engineers. If you could advise me, I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Jeremy

Hi all,

Thank you for your message.
The upcoming Cubasis update will include a failsafe to prevent the issue from happening.

Best wishes,
Lars

Will the update open the damaged project?

Hi, I have the same issue.
I was doing my track of my project and the app crashed. i then opened Cubasis 3 again and it gave me an error message

“Project”.cbd
Could not be loaded, probably because it is damaged.
And then it moved to audio files to a folder for backup purposes

I have tried reopening the project many times and received the same error message. There are more than 20 tracks in the project and very important to me. Could you help me fix this?

Thanks,

Hi @Vicki,

Thanks for your message.

Please upload the project via dropbox or similar and let me have the DL via private message.

Once received, I will share the project with our engineers.

Thanks,
Lars

ALL of my projects crushed after last update app on Android. Msg is “Could not be loaded, probably because it is damaged”. Rolling back to previous version.

Hi @rikkardo.murravieoff,

Sorry to read this, this should definitively not be the case.
Please give it the following steps a try:

• Close all running apps, including Cubasis
  • Fully shut down the Android device

Does your projects load as expected afterwards?

Thanks
Lars

Thanks, but it no helps.

Hi Lars and Cubasis Crew!

My understanding was that this problem had been fixed?

Most recent version of Cubasis and iOS 16.3.1, 11” iPad Pro 2nd Gen.

Again, not to push, but this is particularly urgent, as many of my files won’t open now. Specifically, Cubasis is telling me my project is damaged, and can’t be opened. This is happening on multiple projects. There is some pressing important work in the projects that is coming due, as I’m under a deadline with Warner Brothers. Cubasis is either telling me projects can’t be opened at all ‘probably because it is damaged’’ (probably? what are the other possibilities, and why aren’t they articulated?) or telling me the same thing and then opening an old backup of my project with much of the current work in the project lost.

I have tried rebooting, and this doesn’t help.

These are not complicated projects with a lot of tracks, but they need to be accessed, as I’m in a professional setting.

This is happening on almost all of my projects, and multiple weeks of work is seemingly lost. This saving and re-opening problem makes it extremely difficult to rely on Cubasis a professional setting, and in this case, if I don’t get it solved before this deadline, it’s a becomes an difficult situation.
Please advise.

Thank you All!

Hi @terbarino,

Thank you for your messsage.

Our engineering gave your provided project files a check, which seem to contain large AUv3 presets that are incomplete.

Do you use Koala Sampler in these projects?

Our engineering evaluated that when using Koala, Cubasis becomes unstable and may crash while a project file is being written, which can result in damaged project files. Without Koala, these issues don’t occur and Cubasis runs perfectly stable in our tests.

Koala saves all the sample data in its preset, and Cubasis saves every plugin’s preset in its project (cbp) file. If the preset gets large, Koala seems to be slow when Cubasis asks for its preset data, and we also saw Koala crashing during our tests, causing a Cubasis crash.

We’ll exchange with the developer of Koala to find out who causes the crash, so that we can try to improve the compatibility of both apps together.

Best,
Lars

Hi, I found out that changing folder & project names resulted in ‘damaged projects’. No more problems after giving exact names to folder & containing project!

Hey Lars! Thanks for following up on this!
I will definitely keep my folder and file names locked in going forward )

Keep up the great work with Cubasis!
cheers
Tom