[REQUEST] Default Plug-In Presets

Post questions and find answers on our latest WaveLab releases here.
nsstudios28

[REQUEST] Default Plug-In Presets

Post by nsstudios28 »

Default plug-in presets would be welcome workflow enhancement for us engineer's that are looking for ways to save mouse-clicks where ever possible :)

Rat

Re: [REQUEST] Default Plug-In Presets

Post by Rat »

Hi

Do you mean default plug in preset as in a set of master section plugins to be loaded with pre-defined settings?

You can actually already do that: Load the master section with the plugins at settings you want for the default ... save as 'Default' or (what ever you want to call it) and it's a one click reload.

Or do you mean a default setting for specific plugins when they are inserted? In which case most quality plugins allow for user defined 'default settings'.
Regards

Paul

Paul Rat Blakey
12th & Vine Post

Studio: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 7700 Quad Core LGA 1151 3.6 GHz CPU, 32 GB RAM, Gigabyte Z270M-D3H LGA 1151 mATX Motherboard, 2 x SSD (system and session drives), RME HDSPe AIO, Mytek converters

Laptop: Windows 10 Pro, Razer Blade Gaming Intel Core i7 8750H 6 cores/12 threads 4.1GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM SSD & HHD Denon DA10

WaveLab 9.5 and 10 Pro current release, iLok, Weiss

PG

Post by PG »

This is already on the todo list, but I will raise it a bit...
Philippe

Justin P

Post by Justin P »

Yes, this is sorely needed. Some plugins allow you to define a preset starting point, but not all. Plugin Alliance is a big one or me that doesn't have this feature built in natively....so it would be great for WaveLab to have a solution built in like many many other DAWs already do.
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaveLab/

iMac Pro 3.0GHz 10-Core • 64GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.14.6
Mac Mini 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7 (6-Core) • 32GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.14.6

RME AES HDSPe, MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock USB, Grace m905, Grace m900

nsstudios28

Post by nsstudios28 »

Rat wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:05 am
Hi

Do you mean default plug in preset as in a set of master section plugins to be loaded with pre-defined settings? Or do you mean a default setting for specific plugins when they are inserted? In which case most quality plugins allow for user defined 'default settings'.
Default setting for a specific plug. Luckily, as you mentioned, a lot of manufacturers allow you to set this up within the plug-in itself, but for those that don't we'd be covered here.
PG wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 am
This is already on the todo list, but I will raise it a bit...
Ah, good to hear. Thanks!

trito

Post by trito »

Justin P wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:57 pm
Yes, this is sorely needed. Some plugins allow you to define a preset starting point, but not all. Plugin Alliance is a big one or me that doesn't have this feature built in natively....so it would be great for WaveLab to have a solution built in like many many other DAWs already do.
Plugin Alliance load their presets by deaufault to the VST3 folder in Users/Documents/VST3Presets (in Windows) so I usually copy them to the place "seen" in Wavelab - ProgramData/VST3Presets/Plugin Alliance.

It's annoying but works.

cheers

trito
Windows 7 Professional (64) SP1
ACPI x64-based PC
Intel Core i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
32 GB Ram
RME Fireface 800
NVIDIA Quadro 600
SX-3, C-6, C-9.5 Pro, C-10.0.50, WL-6, WL-10 Pro

Return to “WaveLab Pro 10 | WaveLab Elements 10”