Noise Reduction in WaveLab Pro 10?

@KarnB,
This doesn’t have to be difficult. I’d suggest the following… first open the audio file in the audio editor. The Master section is usually found in a panel to the right of the main Audio editor display. If it’s not there then go to the Tool Windows menu and click on ‘Master Section’. The Master Section is where you can insert plugins when processing audio files. Click on any slot in the effects section (near the top of the panel) and, in the pop-up menu, select ‘Restore Rig’ from the Steinberg/Restoration folder. In Restore Rig there’s a Learn button in the noise reduction section. Use this to record your noise. The reduction algorithm can be tuned to suit various types of signal including speech.

I’d also second the Acon Digital Restoration Suite.

Wavelab also has a spectrum editing function in the audio editor (spectrum tab in the ribbon at the top of the display) and this might be helpful for certain kinds of frequency based editing (removing clicks and artifacts) but obviously has a learning curve.

Good luck.

But this is what an audio editor almost always is. It’s software with many, many features. Very few of us use all the features and personally I don’t feel the features get in the way. Wavelab is way more flexible than most and the GUI can be streamlined to suit your own workflow. For example, it has a sophisticated docking system so you can arrange the screen to suit your own preferences.