UR22C iPhone iOS 13.5 / USB blinking / not recognised

Hi,

I just bought the UR 22C, and I was really looking forward to be able and use it for live streaming, as it is usually promoted on your communication assets : it is simple, you connect it, you power it, and there it is, here How To Livestream For Social Media With Great Audio Quality | UR Stories | Are you asking yourself “How do I start livestreaming with my phone in great audio quality?” or “What do I need to stream live?” Livestreaming is a cool... | By Steinberg | Facebook.

Here’s what i am using:

• iOS 13.5 on an iPhone X

• to power the interface I’m using an usb to wall port with standard 5V DC

• to connect to the iphone, I am using Apple’s USB C to Lighting cable

On the interface, I am just seeing the USB light blink, without ever going solid; as well, trying to use the dspMixFx UR-C, it just display Demo mode, and no sign of the interface being recognised whatsoever.

I have already tried the following:

• updating firmware → it is all up to date

• updating iphone → it’s all up to date

• restarting the iphone with the interface connected

• switching on/off the interface with the iPhone connected

• alternative power sources → I tried an iPhone charger port instead

• switching on/off phantom power when connected

• switching on/off mono mode when connected

Please, could you give me a hand with this? It’s extremely frustrating to have set the whole thing from my side without being able to use it.
As well, it’s my second Steinberg interface, I previously have bought an UR MKII.

Thanks in advance,

Jaime

3 Likes

Did you resolve this? I’m having the same issue. I’m wondering if instead of the Apple provided usb-c to lightning cable if a usb 3 cable (together with a usb 3 to lightning adapter) would work.

1 Like

Yes it’s July 2023 and I’ve just bought the UR22C and it works like magic with my MacBook Air M1 but I get the blinking USB light when connected to my iPhone 13 with the Apple Lightning to USB-C cable that came with my iPhone 13

I have finally got it working, you must use the original USB-C to USB cable that came with the UR22C and an Apple USB to Lightning adapter.

1 Like