UR22C and iPad Pro 11 inch

Hi there,

I just took delivery of the UR22C audio interface and have been trying to hook it up to my iPad…

I have separate power for it, that works and the light comes on.
I plug it into the iPad and that works, USB light comes on.
I currently have been trying it with a microphone which has a 3.5mm connector. The mic is working fine - when connected into the iPad with another adaptor it records in Cubasis OK, too loud perhaps… but it works fine.

So I plug the microphone in through a 3.5mm to 6.3mm connector, and plug in some headphones, and launch Cubasis 2. I can hear the music playing back through the headphones, but, no matter what I try, I cannot get any sound to be recorded (or even played back live) from the microphone. It’s totally dead.

I have checked the 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter and that is working. But is it because of the adapter that the mic isn’t working? The mic has to have a 6.3mm plug?

So frustrating! I would gratefully welcome any advice and pointers. I am very new to all this…

Thank you.

I don’t know what mic it is, but normaly any mic should have an XLR connector for giving the mic-preamp in the UR22C an appropiate signal.
The jack is for line-levels signals not mics.

Thank you so much for the quick response. The mic isn’t XLR, but I stupidly thought it would work with a 6.33mm plug - perhaps I need to read the manual more closely!

Anyway, I have an XLR mic on the way, and can’t wait to get using the UR22C!