[request] EQ possibility for dspMixFx Master out

This section is about Steinberg's UR-C audio interfaces product range
drawbar

[request] EQ possibility for dspMixFx Master out

Post by drawbar »

EQ for dspMixFx Master Out channel would be useful when using the card just for listening audio.

ca-booter

Re: [request] EQ possibility for dspMixFx Master out

Post by ca-booter »

I get what you mean.
I have 1 inputchannel selected only for audio-listening(YT, MP3's, CDs etc.), and on that channel I some EQ processing.
I would not prefer it on the Master though, just to make no mistakes when listening to other sources(DAW f.e.) and forget to bypass it.
PC ASUS i7-2600 3,4Ghz |Win10-Pro 1909 SSD | 16Gb DDR3 | ASUS R5230 graphics | Cubase Pro 10.5.20, user since Atari | Wavelab 10 EL | Absolute 3 | SuperiorDrummer3 | Yamaha-Steinberg N12 FW | Steinberg UR816C+Behringer ADA8200 | Behringer X-Touch One | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Fishman TriplePlay | Lexicon MX200, Strymon Volante, Art Pro VLA II, Art Pro Channel II, Klark Teknik: KT-2A, 1176-KT, 2* EQP-KT

drawbar

Post by drawbar »

ca-booter wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:08 pm
I get what you mean.
I have 1 inputchannel selected only for audio-listening(YT, MP3's, CDs etc.), and on that channel I some EQ processing.
I would not prefer it on the Master though, just to make no mistakes when listening to other sources(DAW f.e.) and forget to bypass it.
How do you route stereo audio from computer/UR-C to inputs 3-4 for instance? Patching audio cord form master out to 3-4 inputs?

ca-booter

Post by ca-booter »

Yes something like that, I have a UR16C so enough outputs and inputs. But I also have a mixer, so I route output 3 and 4 into my mixer into wo channels, instead of going back in into the URC, but you could do that indeed. Bit be careful and avoid feedback.
As far as I could see Windows10 in WDM mode only lets you choose the Line output of the URC which is master out 1+2.
And on the URC itself you cannot route that back into the unit.
For what that is worth I think it lacks of some more gooed features as far as routing concerns. For my use it is a bad thing those 4 stereo mix options instead of more "DAW direct outputs" , the same as in the ADAT.
PC ASUS i7-2600 3,4Ghz |Win10-Pro 1909 SSD | 16Gb DDR3 | ASUS R5230 graphics | Cubase Pro 10.5.20, user since Atari | Wavelab 10 EL | Absolute 3 | SuperiorDrummer3 | Yamaha-Steinberg N12 FW | Steinberg UR816C+Behringer ADA8200 | Behringer X-Touch One | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Fishman TriplePlay | Lexicon MX200, Strymon Volante, Art Pro VLA II, Art Pro Channel II, Klark Teknik: KT-2A, 1176-KT, 2* EQP-KT

Return to “Steinberg UR-C Series”