UR816c user review - 30 days in

Nice to read these user aspects of the UR816C.
I use it too for a couple of days now but in a different way. My goal was only to be able to use my external hardware devices through the URC and a Behringer ADA8200.
I do not activate “direct monitoring” in Cubase.

For monitoring, the main outs of the URC are going into my Yamaha N12 mixer which drives my three speakersets, the headphone amp and controls for Cubase.
That mixer I will keep using for my (home-)recordings instead of the UR816C. The N12 for me is very flexible for this purpose(seperate aux phone-mix, built-in reverb and FW interface) so I do not use the DSP FX on the URC.

My few cons of the URC are that the input 1/2 are not perfect for linelevel devices (only mic and H-Z/unbalanced), so 2 inputs less.
And then the output routing:
I thought I would have 16 outputs but the 2 main outs have to be used for the DAW control room listening.
That would be sent to MIX 1/2. So that cannot be used anymore for something else.
Also why not the choice of 16 DAW direct outs instead of only 8?
Now the 8 DAW direct outs I use on the URC as hardware outputs, but the 8 outs on the ADA8200 you have to route to a stereo-MIX output, 3 pairs of them.
In the beginning this was not very obvious for me, the manual could be improved on this point.

Another improvement would be to be able to change the naming of the channels in the DSP mixer.

Built quality: it seems to me that you better keep the headphones jack connected all the time, otherwise it won’t live long I guess.
Mayvbe that is for all the connectors.
The Sound is okay, although it seemed to me that the Midas Pre’s of the ADA8200 sounded a bit better than the URC ones. First impression though.

A question : It seems somewhat strange to me that the reverb send is only possible on one mix.

Performance is great, the USB driver does the job just fine. Latency monitor checker shows no nasty things and very low values during a heavy mix with lots of plugins and external hardware, at max. buffersize.