spectalayers pro 6.0.30

Post questions and find answers on SpectraLayers 6 releases here.
Howl

spectalayers pro 6.0.30

Post by Howl »

is now available.. steinberg download assistant..

i do not have spectralayers pro 6... but i acquired spectralayers pro 5, for yes; real use. and intend to upgrade.
Last edited by Howl on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20. Spectralayers Pro 7.0.10. Wavelab Pro 10.0.40. I7 6700K, 32 Gb, 3 x SSD, 1 x HD, 1060gtx 6gb. Windows 10 Pro 64 (2004). motu ultralite mk3 hybrid. Mackie Control Universal. Behringer BCR 2000 - FCB 1010. Novation Zero SL MKII + SL 49 MKII. Nektar Panorama P1. Maschine MK3 + Jam. Roland MMP-2 pre-amp. rode NT1A. push 2 + ableton live 10 suite. bitwig studio 3.2. reason 11 suite. reaper 6.x. NI komplete 11 ultimate. arturia v collection 7 & FX Bundle & spark 2 (+ CDM controller) & pigments 2. IK multimedia t-racks 5 standard with 40 "processors". softube modular. voltage modular. unfiltered audio, glitchmachines, meldaproduction, waves (gold + 25 or so). etc. etc.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

dexcon

Re: spectalayers pro 6.0.30

Post by dexcon »

Thank you for the post, Howl. I'm eager to try out .30 in the coming days and hope that the settings memory problem has been resolved.

Howl

Post by Howl »

dexcon wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:33 am
Thank you for the post, Howl. I'm eager to try out .30 in the coming days and hope that the settings memory problem has been resolved.
and i even do not own 6 yet, haha. but i saw it somewhere. it still nowhere official stated.

in the mean time, i am learning pro 5, and yes, it has a learning curve, but not that steep, for me. still much to learn, by experience mainly.

i hope your problems are solved!

it is a great program, and i am eager to know what pro 6 brings to me (besides the obvious; ara2). pro 5 already is great.
Last edited by Howl on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20. Spectralayers Pro 7.0.10. Wavelab Pro 10.0.40. I7 6700K, 32 Gb, 3 x SSD, 1 x HD, 1060gtx 6gb. Windows 10 Pro 64 (2004). motu ultralite mk3 hybrid. Mackie Control Universal. Behringer BCR 2000 - FCB 1010. Novation Zero SL MKII + SL 49 MKII. Nektar Panorama P1. Maschine MK3 + Jam. Roland MMP-2 pre-amp. rode NT1A. push 2 + ableton live 10 suite. bitwig studio 3.2. reason 11 suite. reaper 6.x. NI komplete 11 ultimate. arturia v collection 7 & FX Bundle & spark 2 (+ CDM controller) & pigments 2. IK multimedia t-racks 5 standard with 40 "processors". softube modular. voltage modular. unfiltered audio, glitchmachines, meldaproduction, waves (gold + 25 or so). etc. etc.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

dexcon wrote:
You're referring to some tools not retaining all the settings between sessions ? If so, yes that's fixed in .30
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

I notice that the installer for 6.0.30 on Windows 10 forces a reboot. Are we back to the '90s? :-/
This is the only Steinberg product I own where an updater forces a reboot.
Not a big deal, just curious.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

It's not supposed to. I guess you happened to have some rare scenario where the OS asked for a reboot, but if you run the installer again normally you would not be asked to reboot this time.

dexcon

Post by dexcon »

My install of 6.0.30 also required a reboot. W10 right up-to-date.

I am really happy that the settings are now fully memorised between sessions. Unfortunately, another memory issue has reared its head. When exporting audio, SLP used to memorise the previous folder used - 6.0.30 doesn't do that. When exporting, the Export File window opens which defaults the folder to which the audio will be exported to be a ToSLP folder deep in the C:\"username" directory. But I want to save the SLP audio to my SLP folder in my project folders on the D drive. To do so with .30, I have to drill through drive directories and then drill down to the D drive, then the project folder and then the SLP sub-folder - for each and every audio export. Grrr!!!

There does not seem to be any way for the user to choose the folder to which export audio is directed to (in Preferences for example), and the memory of the last used folder has now gone. If anyone has found a way to choose the export folder as the default folder, I would be most grateful to hear from you.

Robin Lobel

Post by Robin Lobel »

Hm... the reboot thing might be due to the switch from "SpectraLayers Pro" to "SpectraLayers" (starting from 6.0.30, it's an unified installer for both Pro and Elements) - the new installer uninstalling any previous instance of "SpectraLayers Pro", which might be the reason for the reboot.

Duly noted on the export folder issue.

dr

Post by dr »

had to reboot here too

and yes it removed all the program shortcuts and installed it as "new" software

balinas

Post by balinas »

Robin Lobel wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:28 pm
dexcon wrote:
You're referring to some tools not retaining all the settings between sessions ? If so, yes that's fixed in .30
Robin,
Is there a listing of the ‘fixes’ and updates to SpectraLayers pro6.0.30?
Cheers
WIN 10 (1903), Intel i9 9900 5GHz, 32GB RAM, PreSonus Quantum2 through thunderbolt pcie, MCU-PRO, Yamaha Classic Motif 6, Focusrite Asa ONE, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20,

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

balinas wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 pm
[PDF]
  • The Save As and Export functions now use the project folder by default.
  • Playback no longer stops when repositioning the playhead.
  • Initializing ARA no longer renders the applicacion unreliable.
  • The Undo command now works as expected after creating a group with layers.
  • The Undo command now works as expected when using Paste to a new layer.
  • ARA playhead synchronization has been improved for editing multiple regions.
  • ARA layer activation now works as expected when editing multiple regions.
  • The AAX plug-in now transfers data correctly.
  • Brush settings now work as expected.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

dexcon

Post by dexcon »

On 13 Feb, I commented on this thread:
"...another memory issue has reared its head. When exporting audio, SLP used to memorise the previous folder used - 6.0.30 doesn't do that."
The fixes and updates list includes at point 1:
"The Save As and Export functions now use the project folder by default."
For most of my work with SLP, I don't use project folders - I mainly just access SLP via Sony Vegas Pro's timeline link from an audio event to Sound Forge Pro and then to SLP via SF's Tools link. The clone stamp is excellent for removing unwanted noise, clicks, minor wind noise, screeching children, etc from camera audio that'll be used as background ambience/location sound. I really don't need to create a project - I just export the SLP audio file to an SLP sub-folder in the video project's folder.

I think I now see the problem. The .30 build sensibly defaults exporting to the SLP project folder; unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have a pathway (default or controllable) in place re exporting when an SLP project does not exist. Maybe there was an assumption (not an unreasonable assumption by any means) that everyone would create a project rather than just working 'on-the-fly' as I mostly do. But what I haven't tried is to create an SLP project in.30. I wonder if I would still need to go through the search through the directories/folders to save the project to the folder that I want each and every time that a new project is created?
Last edited by dexcon on Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

balinas

Post by balinas »

MrSoundman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:02 pm
balinas wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 pm
[PDF]
  • The Save As and Export functions now use the project folder by default.
  • Playback no longer stops when repositioning the playhead.
  • Initializing ARA no longer renders the applicacion unreliable.
  • The Undo command now works as expected after creating a group with layers.
  • The Undo command now works as expected when using Paste to a new layer.
  • ARA playhead synchronization has been improved for editing multiple regions.
  • ARA layer activation now works as expected when editing multiple regions.
  • The AAX plug-in now transfers data correctly.
  • Brush settings now work as expected.
Thanks much!!
WIN 10 (1903), Intel i9 9900 5GHz, 32GB RAM, PreSonus Quantum2 through thunderbolt pcie, MCU-PRO, Yamaha Classic Motif 6, Focusrite Asa ONE, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20,

lunanic

Post by lunanic »

Yes, I see that was an alternate way of doing it. I did figure that out yesterday. But he looks to be clicking a short cut when he selects the track to do this? I was wondering if there was a way to do it that way?

Return to “SpectraLayers 6”