SL in Cubase - blank screen

the openGL implementation seems buggy.
working with spectralayers pro 6 full screen, standalone.
the menu’s will not drop down, i.e. open. only when i use F11, which has the same result, as with the special windows icon, i mean they look the same, but when i make the window smaller with window icon (resizing icon), then the menu’s work.

so, when openGL is choosen, i open spectralayers.
the menu’s work. i load a project. i cannot access the menu’s.
only F11 will change this.

this happens on my desktop, not sure on my laptop.

442.19, studio driver, DCH (it seems it has not a none DCH version anymore…). geforce gtx 1060 6gb.
windows pro 10 (1909, 2020-4 cumulative update, so up to date).

(i checked there is new studio driver. but not everytime an update fixes things. but i shall give it a try.)

openGL tends to be unstable, because if you use “legacy” handlers, and you have a newer version, it will lead to problems. (that’s what i found, seems reliable source).

i see a lot of developers struggle with openGL, while the DSP programming is flawless (after bug reports…). some developers have choosen not to use it anymore. and there are developers, who use openGL, and no graphic glitches, no audio artifacts.

i only say this, because it seems something, that must be handled quite well. from the programmer’s viewpoint.

it works with directx, flawlessly it seems, didn’t work with it enough within cubase to report strange things…

spectralayers i like, more: it is great. it is strange that only tutorials for the elements version appear, and that the responses on this forum are very slow, or none existent.

even the right version is not in announcements… i put it here, and that was just before i bought it, or had just bought it.

the ecosystem cubase pro 10.5, wavelab pro 10, spectralayers pro 6 is for me, a great ecosystem, that i stil must discover (cubase i know, but wavelab and spectralayers i own not that long), even if i am working with the programs already, much to learn.

a pity that the spotlight on spectralayers, is not in the right spectrum? bad joke.