Feature Quest: SpectraLayers and SDIF Format

Post questions and find answers on SpectraLayers 6 releases here.
inthefold

Feature Quest: SpectraLayers and SDIF Format

Post by inthefold »

Hi,

I've been quite often engaged in spectral foolery for a few years now, both for analysis and (re)synthesis purposes as well as music creation and composition. In all these endeavours on the wild wide side of sound, there's a feature that I find lacking in SpectraLayers, and that is the implementation of the SDIF format. SDIF is an awesome text-based format for description/transcription of every (digitally reproduceable) audio feature imaginable.

I don't expect it to be forthcoming any time soon if ever, but it would be great to have it.

All the best,
António

Robin Lobel

Re: Feature Quest: SpectraLayers and SDIF Format

Post by Robin Lobel »

Hi, first time I hear about this format. Good to know it exists, could be useful in a few scenarios :)
Robin Lobel - SpectraLayers creator and lead developer

inthefold

Post by inthefold »

Hi Robin,

First of all, congratulations on SpectraLayers, it's great.

I have to contend with "in a few" (even in jest), the SDIF format is in fact quite powerful. From (inharmonic or harmonic) partials' readings to spatialisation, it offers a plethora of means to achieve a "spectral score" of musical and non-musical acoustic phenomena. For a spectrally-minded (and up to a point, knowingly or not, we all are) musician and composer, it's an awesome tool. Acousticians and sound engineers have much to gain from it too.

All the best,
António

gph

Post by gph »

+1 for SDIF export. Yes please!

Return to “SpectraLayers 6”