Mediabay image in results = useless

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 10 can be posted here.
sylvainmoreau

Mediabay image in results = useless

Post by sylvainmoreau »

Hi,

i tried to use the Audio Properties / Image to easily see waveforms and go to hits, whooshs rise etc when the keywords in descriptions are missing infos.
also allows you to see a whoosh with fast slow attack etc.. if sounds has energy.. random spikes and go directly to that sound.

the problem is it takes ages to display in the results. the images is beeing processed.
Wouldn't it be possible to build image library of sounds (offline) so that when you display these images in results the appear faster ?
else it's useless to display image in results as it si way to slow and stops image display in main edit window will mediabay is working on it.

i don't use soundminer but my guess is (for the insane price they charge) image must be instantly displayed no ?
nuendo 10.2.10 / rme fireface 802 / rme Fireface UC/ W10x64 / 16ram / i7 2600k / P67A-UD3P-B3 / AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: Mediabay image in results = useless

Post by MattiasNYC »

+1
Nuendo 10.2.2 build 396 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

McSound

Re: Mediabay image in results = useless

Post by McSound »

sylvainmoreau wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 am
i don't use soundminer but my guess is (for the insane price they charge) image must be instantly displayed no ?
Don’t know about SoundMiner but Basehead has this function to pre-calculate all the images of sound files so they appear almost instantly. Pretty long procedure, depends on your library size but after that you got nice workflow.
Nuendo 10.2.20, Samplitude ProX4, Win 10x64 pro, i9900k, 32Gb, 512m2SSD, Gigabyte RTX2080Super , Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Monitor, Presonus VSL1818, 2 FullHD monitors, 1 TV, Avid Artist Control v2, Liine Lemur, Yamaha MOX8 keyboard

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”