CPU Virtual Cores are Not Used

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 10 can be posted here.
SoundAvenue

CPU Virtual Cores are Not Used

Post by SoundAvenue »

Nuendo should be able to take advantage of all the threads of a cpu.
Many of us have crossgraded to Nuendo from Logic to have the possibility of sound design and composing music in a single software. A great step forward! Unfortunately Nuendo struggles a lot with virtual instruments and reaches the limit long before other platforms. It is inconvenient to have to use VPE just because Nuendo's peerformance is limited. I'm not a technician but maybe using all the cores including virtual ones would raise Nuendo to another level, maybe ...
Attachments
CPU Usage.png
(86.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sound Designer and Composer
https://www.soundavenue.ch/en/

Mac Pro 2019 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W - GPU AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB - OS 10.15.4
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt - Nuendo 10.2.20

composingkeys

Re: CPU VIRTUAL CORES ARE NOT USED

Post by composingkeys »

+1

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Turn on ASIOguard if you haven't. As far as I recall that makes a difference, at least as long as you're also not recording.

But:

+1
Nuendo 10.2.2 build 396 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

composingkeys

Post by composingkeys »

Unfortunately, Asioguard in my case won't help as it doesn't work properly when using VE PRO. I tried using Cubase in the past with Asio Guard 2 and not VE PRO but found the performance was so lackluster even with disabling tracks that VE PRO still made a lot of sense to use.

Aurélio

Re: CPU Virtual Cores are Not Used

Post by Aurélio »

Asio Guard not help eighter once I need to record and record with lowest latency possible.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”