FIELD RECORDING IMPORT based only on Timecode

Doesnt seem to work. My guess is that this filter option is looking for the exact same origin times. This is never the case because recorders and camera’s don’t press record at exactly the same time. Also the origin time of a file is different than the edit start point of a clip. I am looking for a filter option that checks the time code inpoint and outpoint of a clip, and will look for matching timecode stretches in the field recorder files.

For example:
Recorder A is running along all day: one long file
Recorder B is operated manually and records 3 scenes
Camera is tc operated manually and records 3 scenes but with not exactly matching origin times of recorder B
everything is tc synced

The editor edits with the audio recorded on camera and sends ref video with AAF to sound post who would like to work in nuendo. In the AAF are three audio clips of which the start and end point have been trimmed by the video editor. For a proper Field Recording Audio Import workflow you want to select the three audio clips in the nuendo project and let Nuendo search for the matching stretches of audio in recorder A (Nuendo makes 3 clips from one long file), and in recorder B (Nuendo trims the three files with overlapping timecode matches but not exactly the same origin times).

I hope this is clear :slight_smile: