Next Nuendo update

Great post, profdraper! Much appreciated.

I use Windows primarily for Nuendo, but I own a couple of Macs as well, and I’ve been toying with the idea of installing Nuendo there for certain projects. I’ll probably hold off for now… I just don’t want to deal with the typical Mac OS app breakage cycle. (I use Mac OS for some essential non-audio apps that unfortunately are not on Windows or Linux, so I have to keep them around.) My preference is actually Linux and I wish that Steinberg and other major DAW developers would make that giant leap (not just Reaper, Bitwig, etc.), and I still dream of a true audio revolution on Linux where the big pro apps will consolidate around a really stable DAW distro… but that will never happen. One can dream though.

Anyway, thanks for the insight on Big Sur for Nuendo, and we’ll see what happens in the coming months. I’m actually optimistic about Big Sur. It gives me hope I might use one of my Macs for audio work again. But I think I’ll keep Nuendo on Windows at least for now until the dust settles. But we’ll see. Please continue to share your insights.

I’m extremely interested in seeing what happens with Apple Silicon BTW, and I’m sure that’s stealing many dev man hours right now that the Windows users would rather they spend on bugfixes and new features. But alas, as long as there is a Mac market, Steinberg (and others) will be forced to play the Apple game, for good or ill. In any case, I like to be optimistic about what’s coming, and I think there are exciting times ahead.

For right now, the most I hope for from Steinberg, though, is stability. And it sure would be nice for one more bugfix release to hold us over as they polish off the Big Sur issues…