Import AAF Err: FFFFFC2B with Davinci Resolve

Thankyou profdraper, much appreciated. I started that thread on the BM forums after realizing that the issue is mostly a Davinci Resolve one. I did notice your solution on there, but was trying to focus on the complete workflow interchange, which I have been able to progress, but the AAF workflow, as you’ve said, it’s still unreliable. Your method is interesting and one that I can see working nicely, especially if you can restore shape by stripping out air and still be able to match field recorded sound. I am working with video files that have just the boom mic recorded, and field recorded sound which has ISO tracks for Lav mics and also has the Side track (boom was record as M/S).

I haven’t tried with the field recorder window in Nuendo yet (only recently upgrade from Cubase 10.5) so I think it may be easier in Resolve to match the dialog audio only because I can navigate to the clips that were used and get the slate info then look up the Scene/Shot/Take from the field recorded sound and sync. I can then export as per your process and work on the layering / sound design /mixing in Nuendo.