Nuendo group CHILD as input

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
dennis_slot

Nuendo group CHILD as input

Post by dennis_slot »

Hello all!

Is it possible to route an group (mono) child to an input?
And if not, is there any other way to route the different channels to SEPERATE outputs, in order to apply processing to them before feeding another system or get recorded?

It's needed for a big installation where parts of the system tuning elements are being done in 'the mixer'.

Thanks,
Dennis

JDSStudios

Re: Nuendo group CHILD as input

Post by JDSStudios »

I believe yes to both.
However, to route a channel to separate outputs you must enable “Direct Summing” (not too sure if the name is exact because I am not by my computer now)
Nuendo 10.3, Nuendo 4.3 NEK, Halion 3, Groove Agent, RME 96/52 HDSP 52 Channels ADAT,
Yamaha O2R 24 channel 48 input, Yamaha O1V, Steinberg MIDEX 8, Yamaha Motif Rack,
UAD-1 with jBridge for 32bit plugins, I7 Windows 7 64bit, 32GB RAM, Asus P8Z77 LV-X,
3 Asus 32” monitors, Korg Triton Studio, Korg M1, Roland Sound Canvas 8850 Pro,
Waves Horizon, SSL, X-feedback, Abbey Road, Melodyne 4, MLP, Fractal AX8.

dennis_slot

Post by dennis_slot »

Hello JDSStudios,

Thanks for your reply.
I think I need to rephrase my question: I'd like to record/process all different channels within a multi-channel group. So for example: send the mono-children of a 5.1 group to 6 different outputs that all have a seperate EQ and/or delay. These outputs I'd want to record back into a wav-file in order to be played back on a different system.

JDSStudios

Post by JDSStudios »

dennis_slot wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:30 pm
Hello JDSStudios,

Thanks for your reply.
I think I need to rephrase my question: I'd like to record/process all different channels within a multi-channel group. So for example: send the mono-children of a 5.1 group to 6 different outputs that all have a seperate EQ and/or delay. These outputs I'd want to record back into a wav-file in order to be played back on a different system.
Yes Dennis, I'm sorry but it is not clear, because when you say "These outputs I'd want to record back into a wav-file", you are describing rendering in place, or simply exporting (even if you need it in real time). However, there are more questions than answers: is the new system also 5.1 or simply stereo? If all you need is playing back in a different system, what is stopping you from using the outputs out to that system? When you say system, if that means a mixer, than you need to connect your outs of your sound interface to the ins of the mixer.

I don't think you can get a proper answer with an incomplete question.
Nuendo 10.3, Nuendo 4.3 NEK, Halion 3, Groove Agent, RME 96/52 HDSP 52 Channels ADAT,
Yamaha O2R 24 channel 48 input, Yamaha O1V, Steinberg MIDEX 8, Yamaha Motif Rack,
UAD-1 with jBridge for 32bit plugins, I7 Windows 7 64bit, 32GB RAM, Asus P8Z77 LV-X,
3 Asus 32” monitors, Korg Triton Studio, Korg M1, Roland Sound Canvas 8850 Pro,
Waves Horizon, SSL, X-feedback, Abbey Road, Melodyne 4, MLP, Fractal AX8.

Niekbeem

Post by Niekbeem »

dennis_slot wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:34 pm
..... is there any other way to route the different channels to SEPERATE outputs, in order to apply processing to them before feeding another system or get recorded?
dennis_slot wrote:
So for example: send the mono-children of a 5.1 group to 6 different outputs that all have a seperate EQ and/or delay.
In the rare occasions where I need different processing on the channels of an (e.g.) 5.1 Group (or Output), I use mono or stereo inserts in the Groups' (or Outputs') Plugin Slots and route them accordingly with the "Insert Routing"-options in the Channel Settings Window (the "e"-window).
https://steinberg.help/nuendo/v10/en/cu ... %2Crouting
dennis_slot wrote:
These outputs I'd want to record back into a wav-file in order to be played back on a different system.
You can capture the audio of this processed 5.1 group (or output) by routing this group (or output) as the input of an 5.1 (?) track and print it in real time.
If you need the channels separated (=split) , I'd say you select your events and then use AUDIO/ SPLIT CHANNELS / EXTRACT ALL CHANNELS/ ADD SPLIT FILES TO POOL ONLY.
You'll find your 6 5.1-files in the Pool.........

Hope this helps?
Niek/ Amsterdam.
Nuendo 10 / Pro Tools Ultimate / Logic X / MixBus32C 5 / WaveLab 10
MacPro 5.1: 12Core 3.46GHz Intel Xeon/ 48GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.13
MacBook Pro: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9/ 32 GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.14
MetricHalo ULN8 + 2882 / RME HDSPe MadiFace
Euphonix MC Pro

Return to “General”