Direct Monitoring, Hardware FX and RME Total Mix

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
FlyByNo

Direct Monitoring, Hardware FX and RME Total Mix

Post by FlyByNo »

Hello there !
I'm running Nuendo 10.3 in Direct Monitoring Mode with an RME UFX+, everythings goes fine.
I have a external hardware reverb. Is it possible to send the input signal to the reverb ? (send in Nuendo, because in TotalMix it would be an hassle).
Thanks,
Arnaud

Fredo
External Moderator

Re: Direct Monitoring, Hardware FX and RME Total Mix

Post by Fredo »

It is possible to send the signal to the reverb, but the talent won't be able to hear it, because he/she is in M mode.
If that is the goal, then you need to use Totalmix; which is a mixer that controls the DSP on the hardware.

HTH
Fredo

FlyByNo

Post by FlyByNo »

Thank you Fredo,
My problem is that when i set up a send on a track in Nuendo (with external Input / Output), this send is not "mirrored" in Total Mix.
I try to record and mix my own synths using this method. For musicians, i set up directly in Total Mix.
I assume that is not possible ?

bullmoon

Post by bullmoon »

Somewhat unrelated, but since you have a UFX+ and are using ASIO Direct Monitoring, maybe you know something about this. I just got this device upgrading from an ancient FF800. I have a TB and USB 3 capable PC. When I connect the UFX+ with TB, ADM doesn't work at all. If I connect it with the USB3 connection, it works. My first rodeo with TB, so I have no idea if on Windows it can cause these type issues, or if it's the FFUFX+ driver or what. But is sounds like you have your UFX+ working with a TB connection. Are you using a Mac or PC? I have a new DELL T5820 Windows workstation for this setup.

Thanks for any info.
Steve | Bull Moon Digital | Nuendo 10.3 | Win10 DELL T5820 | FF UFX+

Return to “General”