20 years of Nuendo: a personal THANK YOU

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
TimoWildenhain

20 years of Nuendo: a personal THANK YOU

Post by TimoWildenhain »

Dear all,

Today I have the great pleasure to announce the celebration of “20 years of Nuendo”. Back in the year 2000, Steinberg released a software that would not only encompass all functions of the back-then already popular Cubase product, but a more exclusive product for professionals that also included features for audio post-production. Nuendo was born, and over the years, introduced many unique and industry-new features, many of which are Nuendo exclusives still today.

Features ranging from MediaBay (Nuendo 4) over Batch Export (Nuendo 5), ADR System (Nuendo 6), Game Audio Connect & ReConforming (Nuendo 7) to Randomizer & Direct Offline Processing (Nuendo 8) and Video Rendering & ADM support (Nuendo 10), have left their footprint in the history of the product and our industry. The strength of Nuendo has always been the close integration of as many workflows as possible. In all these years, Nuendo has seen a great development. 2019 was the most successful Nuendo year in its product history.

This long and successful journey has only been possible because of: you. It is your engagement, your contribution, your patience, your love for this product, that made Nuendo what it is today: the world’s most versatile audio application. It is you that drives us at Steinberg, to achieve the best and innovative solutions (even sometimes in heated discussions here in the forums 😉).

So, we not only owe you a great DAW application, but a big THANK YOU for being a loyal customer, contributer and a member of the Nuendo family for many years. We might not be the “biggest” user group in the world, but Nuendo, as a premium product, has tens of thousands of users all around the globe that are very skilled and work on the most impressive TV series, films, games, albums, immersive sound projects, live recording sessions, in Virtual Reality and Broadcast.

We very much appreciate your engagement and we’d love to stay in contact with you here in the forums, further on. That said, I take the chance to personally thank my dear friend Fredo Gevaert, who’s been helping to moderate this forum for more than a decade. Fredo, the forums wouldn’t be the same without your voice.

Now, we would have loved to celebrate this anniversary together with you in local events. Unfortunately, we’re facing difficult times and therefore “celebrating” might not be the right word. The creative industry has been hit hard by the pandemic. I had quite a few conversations with studios around the world; while many of them are very concerned about the current situation, I also received positive outlooks on future projects.

To support you during these difficult times, we decided to release a new update. Nuendo 10.3 is the biggest free-of-cost feature update in product history. Also, to all of you who have plans to update/upgrade the studio: we’re standing with you throughout this crisis and reduced the price of any Nuendo version by 40%.

To learn more about Nuendo 10.3, please visit our Nuendo 20 years anniversary webite: Everything about Nuendo 10.3

Thank you again.

Truly yours,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Robin Walsh

Re: 20 years of Nuendo: a personal THANK YOU

Post by Robin Walsh »

Thank YOU Timo, Fredo and the team!!! I've been on Nuendo since v1.0.0 and you've all been an integral part of my life for those 20 years. As my only DAW, Nuendo is very close to my heart and this update is really special!

Here's to the next 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nuendo 10.3 - Windows 10 - i9 9900K - Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390 MOBO - nVidia GeForce 1060 - Lynx Hilo/Auroura(n) - Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt3 PCIe - Amphion

Tumppi Järnefelt

Post by Tumppi Järnefelt »

Thank you for a great (best) DAW out there!
Keep rolling!
Intel i7-7700 @3.6 GHz, Win10 home, 64bit
ADK laptop i7, Win7 64bit home
Nuendo 8.xx
Nuendo 10.xx
PT 12.5
RME FF800
DTouch
http://www.finnvox.fi/en/cinepost

Wheels

Post by Wheels »

That's fabulous news! Thank you. Now, WHEN WILL 10.4 COME OUT!? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR 2 HOURS! ;)

Also, thank you for all the Ambisonic fixes.
Last edited by Wheels on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John "Wheels" Hurlbut

Nuendo 10, Cubase 10.5, PT 10 & 11.Win 10 Pro PC, i9 12 Core CPU, 128 Gig Ram, Dangerous Source Monitor Controller, SSL Nucleus Console. Waves and UAD II Plug-ins etc. Adobe Creative Cloud.

audiomonkeys

Post by audiomonkeys »

Thanks Timo and your amazing team, and congratulations on the 20th anniversary. I'm updating today although I'm in the middle of a project. this is how much confidence I have in you. looking forward to many more years of innovation.
Nuendo 10.2.20, Video Decoder for Avid DNxHD(R) Spectralayers Pro 6 Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.3
Mac Pro 5.1 3.33 Ghz - 12 core, 32 Bg RAM. OS10.12.6 Smart AV Tango +12 fader Ext, Dolby Atmos Suite, Blackmagic Intensity Pro - 5 litres of good Japanese Sake (and more coming) and 100% no CRACK plugins

saxmand

Post by saxmand »

Thank you. Looking forward to update with all these new awaited features. So exciting. Keep rocking Steinberg!
Mac OS 10.12

Jean-Michel B

Post by Jean-Michel B »

Very happy user since v1.5 here, thank you everyone at SB. Still waiting for V9 :mrgreen:
Nuendo user since v1.5. All versions apart 6 & 7.
MacBook Pro 2019, 8 core I9 @ 2,3GHz, 32GB ram.
RME UFX

Dog and Pony

Post by Dog and Pony »

Thank you Timo and team!
5 systems with N8, N10, Nuage, Artist Series, Faderport 16, Windows 10, MacOSX 10.12 and many more toys.

etl17

Post by etl17 »

Thank you to everyone at Steinberg. It's been a long journey since my first copy of Pro-24 on the Atari ST. What a blast! Thank you for keeping the passion and the spirit alive all these years! :-)
Nuendo 8 / Cubase Pro 9 / Wavelab Pro 9 / Windows 10 x64 / Custom build PC 990X, 24GB RAM / RME HDSPe / UAD 2 Quad / PoCo X8 + MkII

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

Thank you Steinberg. All my job is around Nuendo, an incredible tool.
MacPro 12 cores 3,06GHz 32GB RAM / OSX 10.14.6
Nuendo 10 (4 rooms) / Cubase Pro 10
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
Yamaha DM2000 V2 / Yamaha 01V96 V2 / Houston
MOTU 896HD mk3 / MOTU Traveler / MOTU 8Pre / MIDI Express 128 / MOTU MTPII

taliosanchez

Post by taliosanchez »

Great update! Thank you Steinberg!

basicX

Post by basicX »

very nice update - so far works great! And it looks way better too!
Thank you guys for a very nice DAW Software!
Studios: Nuendo 10.3, Cubase 10 Pro, PT 11.3.1
I/O: Full blown Focusrite RedNet Setup. 3xRed4pre, 2xRed x2p
Plugins from Sonnox, Waves, iZotope, UAD, Plugin Alliance Mega Pack, and so on...)

Windows 10 Pro x64
Main System from Digital Audio Networx
Intel i9 14core, Gigabyte, 64GB Ram, GF 1050ti, UAD Quad, 3 * Avid Artis Mix

Pro Audio Broadcast Post for german and international clients
www.media-atelier.tv

Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Thank you Timo. Great update !

Add hello to Fredo the moderator (and the great guy in real life).
Personal setup : Nuendo 10 on ASUS PRIME Z270-A -I7 7700K - Win10 pro 64bits- SSD - 4 x LCD screens + 40" on Blackmagic intensity. Steinberg UR824 + MR816 - 2 X Avid Artist Mix + Artist control + Euphonix transport. LCR Focal Twin.

Nuage 32 faders on Mac Pro 12 cores. 5.1 Focal twin. Ssl Xlogic Alpha link Madi at workplace.

Christian van Caine

Post by Christian van Caine »

Awesome! I downloaded the update five minutes after I got the mail, and has had a lot of joy out of it already. I can't put in words how much I love the fixed CPU-bug when using VST3 for instance! Didn't even know that was the problem here, but working now is a dream.
Starting out with Pro24 III and then Cubase 2 and 3 on Atari, and continue with Cubase 3 SE and then Nuendo 2 and then all versions since on PC, I've seen your products taking quite a journey, striding huge leaps each and every time during these like 25 years! I truly appreciate that.
https://abrokenlinemovie.blogspot.com/

Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab 9.5, Sound Forge Pro 12, Pro 24 III and Cubase 2.01/3.0 (Atari), full Adobe CS6-suite, Plugins from MAAT, Millennia, Eventide, Dolby, Weiss, Sound Toys, Izotope, SSL, and AudioEase to name a few. Aaton Cantar X, Zaxcom Maxx, Fostex FR2.
Windows 10 Pro, Xeon 8-core, ASUS X99 E, Prism Sound Titan, Black Magic Intensity PCIe, Atari MEGA 4 STe with MIDEX+, every kind of hand-held (DPA/phone) known to man, Amiga 600 and a few 500, Commodore 64' and 128's. I am NOT getting into what I use on these, that would take a list of its own.
As much hardware gear, synthesizers, and sounding toys as I can possibly get my paws on. Including for the micro-computers.

Hopetown

Post by Hopetown »

Thanks to all at Steinberg. Been with you since v2. Still by far the best DAW there is!
Pier Giacalone
Hopetown Sound Recording Studio
Doylestown, PA
http://www.hopetownsound.com

Nuendo 10.3 : 27" 4.2ghz 5K Imac (i7), 32g RAM | OSX 10.14.6 : Lynx Aurora (n) 24 Ch TB | Wavelab 10

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Many thanks been here since 1.0
Mike
Nuendo 10.2 Win 10 64 Pro,i9-9900K,Asus TUF Z390 Plus, 16 G DDR4 RAM, NVS510 GUI, Intensity Pro Video ,WK ID Console, RME Fireface UFX, UAD-2.

jpgtr

Post by jpgtr »

Only a year on Nuendo (Cubase since 2000!), but enjoying the N10 experience & looking forward to checking out 10.3! :D
2012 Mac Pro 10.13.6, 24 GB RAM, Nuendo 10.1 UAD-2 Duo

uarte

Post by uarte »

Just want to say THANK YOU back to Steinberg, for building these amazing tools over the years that helped me with my creative passion and work. Congrats on this anniversary, and here's to 20 more years of Nuendo!

Leonardo Valvassori

Post by Leonardo Valvassori »

Right on. User since version 1, owner since 5. I've had to work on pretty much all DAW's, but Nuendo is still my fave and the heart of my studio.
Leonardo Valvassori
Nuendo 7/8
Windows 10 i7 64 gig ram

MichelBlanchet

Post by MichelBlanchet »

I'm with Nuendo since version 6.0 and Seriously Steinberg? You Rock!!!! Thank you so much for everything.

MixMike

Post by MixMike »

Thank you folks. It's a great update. And happy 20th anniversary Nuendo ;-) I'm on Nuendo since version 2, so for quite some while (around 2004).

Keep up the good work building the best DAW for a broad range of audio production application areas, Steinberg. :-)
Intel Core i7 | Win 10 | 32 GB RAM | Motu 828 mk3+8pre | BM DeckLink Studio | M-Audio Axiom / MidiSport
Nuendo 10 | WaveLab 9.5 | HALion 6 | GA 5 | TG 3 | Steinberg Houston
Avid Media Composer 2019 | NI Komplete Ult. | BFD3 | Omnisphere 2 | Arturia VC | Waves | loads of other fx+sounds

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain »

Much, much appreciated guys. Thank you so much for being part of the family.
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Getalife2

Post by Getalife2 »

I was at the annual AES show at the Javits Center in 1999 when Nuendo was premiered, before its first release. Actually demoing my personal system at the show on behalf of another competing DAW company.

I was a C-Lab, then Emagic guy and had never used anything Steinberg. But as soon as I saw a Nuendo, I knew it was a breath of fresh air. A very different approach from what I considered to be a lumbering and unpleasant sounding early Pro Tools. It was a decade before then Digidesign cleaned up their internal architecture and got it sounding right.

So here we are 21 years later. Turns out, I was right. Thank you Steinberg for making the finest DAW available. It's not perfect but it is very, very good!
Last edited by Getalife2 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
N10.3 - i7 5960X/32 GB at 4 GHz Win 7 Pro 64bit - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad

Paulwr

Post by Paulwr »

I started with Cubase in the late 80's on an Atari with no hard drives, just floppy disks. Quite a journey! Thanks for the 10.3 Nuendo update. And, I must say, it is running SO SMOOTH!!! I look forward to digging into some of the new features as soon as I can.
Paul
Nuendo 10.3 | Windows 10 v1004| DAW i9 10900x + 3 pc sample servers | Fireface 800 | VE Pro 5
http://www.MusicScapes.net

peter21

Post by peter21 »

Thank you Steinberg :)
Been using Nuendo since v1.

Return to “General”