Video suites - DaVinci Resolve 16

Agree 100%

sorry but I won’t hope this. Business is business :wink:
A lot of opinions from editors, colorists, graphic designers, sound mixers, etc have been wrote about Davinci Resolve and a lot of them very interesting. DR is an unusual case in the media software developing: the challenge to integrate four image+sound different applications (with their respective four different target users), sharing the same timeline and multi compatible platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS)… amazing!!!. How do I see this soup of applications?
Davinci color grading is without doubt the main attractive. This high level- Hollywood grade tool available for just 300€ is enough to buy it. In the second term appears a NLE (it looks as FCP7/Premiere Pro mix) well designed and very well-targeted to “FCP7 frustrated editors (cheated for FCPX)” and “Premiere pro users exhausted of annual subscription plans”. Next come Fusion as a hypothetic visual FX and motion graphic program. And finally, Fairlight as the DR - DAW. Nuendo users, download DR free version compare the Fairlight vs Nuendo features and judge for yourself.
In my opinion DR will be a best seller for the color grading tool included (cost less than some audio plugins!); for 300€ will it worth to integrate it in any NLE workflow. For some editors DR can be a primary NLE: I see it as a great place to accommodate FCP/PP refugees (Although I very much doubt that high level Avid Media Composers editors migrate to DR only for NLE). I wrote Fusion as hypothetic motion graphics tool because this software it´s mainly aimed for film composition. Require a very step learning curve, very different to After Effects/Motion layer concept, need a powerful computer and beginners must be prepared to waste weeks to get decent results. Fusion artists won’t migrate to DR because Fusion, as only composition tool is still available as different app in Blackmagic, and it has more features that their DR brother and best aimed for team collaboration. About Fairlight, honestly , does anyone think that experienced Nuendo or Protools users will migrate to Fairlight? Post audio facilities with Protools expensive investments will migrate fo fairlight?
Perhaps two of the four DaVinci Resolve apps could be managed for the same person, but I dude that anyone could master three softwares simultaneously. And four? a joke!!
A more likely scenarios could be facilities with four DRv-workstations,/ four job function in collaboration with the same project,… and with the same Blackmagic hardware: from camera production to all the BM postproduction toys. In these scenarios I can understand how the software is so cheaper :mrgreen: