N10.1: Is Transparent Mode Gone??

Post general topics related to Nuendo 10 here.
Chewy Papadopoulos

Re: N10.1: Is Transparent Mode Gone??

Post by Chewy Papadopoulos »

MattiasNYC wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:01 pm
Ok, so it's "just" about how things look and it doesn't have to affect the way you work.
As you like. I might argue that the way things look, and the ability to see things can affect the way one works. But I'd rather not argue.

And I'm sincerely glad things work for you, and that you don't have any need for Transparent Events. Sort of how I feel about VCAs. But I do respect your desire to campaign for their being fixed. Broken things ought to be fixed.

Chewy
N10x, C8, Cubasis, Halion, UAD-2s (Quad PCI, Satellite & SOLO/Laptop), Fireface 800, UR-22, MC Control, MacPro 12 core 3.46GHz, 64 Gigs RAM OS 10.14.4; MacBook Pro 4 core, 16 Gigs, OS 10.13.6

Getalife2

Post by Getalife2 »

OK, I'm going to have to give the current nod to Chewy for that last, classy response. We'll have to see what comes next!
N10.3 - i7 5960X/32 GB at 4 GHz Win 7 Pro 64bit - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad

Chewy Papadopoulos

Post by Chewy Papadopoulos »

Aw, shucks!

:)

Chewy
N10x, C8, Cubasis, Halion, UAD-2s (Quad PCI, Satellite & SOLO/Laptop), Fireface 800, UR-22, MC Control, MacPro 12 core 3.46GHz, 64 Gigs RAM OS 10.14.4; MacBook Pro 4 core, 16 Gigs, OS 10.13.6

miguelnunes

Post by miguelnunes »

Centralmusic wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:07 pm
miguelnunes wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:51 pm
twelvetwelve wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:16 am
Attached is how I have it set up which I find fine to use.
Tried it already, couldn't get used to it.
I like coloured waveforms, working like that since N3.
Why remove the transparent events option?!
I simply don't get it.

Cheers.
...and I don't get it why you complain.
there are so many wonderful options to display events in Nuendo -
everything can be clearly presented if you want, there is something for each taste!
RIP N3/N8 - say hallo to N10. (...)
If you’ve been paying attention, they’ve removed that option without even say a word in the changelog. This haven’t been fixed yet, now I have to return to a brighter edit window because if I chose to work with colored waveforms that match the track color, I can’t do it on a dark edit window.
Is my complaining bothering you? Go waste your time elsewhere.

Sonic_Dropper

Post by Sonic_Dropper »

I haven't updated since 10.0.2 because of this transparency issue. I also have not checked this discussion thread in months and I come here to see people arguing about whether its a workflow issue or if its just that you don't like the way it looks. I DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS!!!

I don't want to be forced to have that colored/tinted box around all my events. I have worked with Nuendo since 1.0. Now Its like I might as well be in Logic because thats how I feel Steinberg is trying to make it look. It's just gross. Sure the software works but its ugly and challenging to work with visually. Less is more.

On a side note can I install this 10.3 update to try out and still have 10.0.2 working?

twelvetwelve

Post by twelvetwelve »

Transparent events are back with 10.3. It's a completely new version as opposed to a small update so it will install side-by-side with 10.x.

Sonic_Dropper

Post by Sonic_Dropper »

Ok thanks. I might try it

Return to “General”