SPAT v3 16 channel input plugin - Does this work?

I see. This is (and will remain) MIR’s blind spot, so to speak. sigh … the old “samples-vs.-synthesis”-dilemma.

I also find that SPAT doesn’t color the instrument as much as MIR does. Most of the time I appreciate and need the coloring, but not always.

I was just cracking a joke anyway. :wink: … I absolutely understand the need of different tools for different tasks. Sometimes SPAT and MIR are treated as if they were interchangeable which they clearly aren’t. It’s just that as a plug-in MIR’s underlying routing concept is more flexible and straight-forward, that’s why I replied at all.

Are you even able to give an idea if this is a 2020 thing for 3D audio hehe > :slight_smile:> .! That has me really curious and hopefully you’re not teasing me with a 2023 release feature lol!

It’s not the proper forum to discuss the topic, but we have high hopes to see MIR 3D later this year. We have already tested alpha-versions with re-vamped HOA impulse responses (3rd order, that is), and we all were pretty euphoric about those first results. :sunglasses: