Cubase 10.5.20 Does not assign color for a multiple channels

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
nemnoshko

Cubase 10.5.20 Does not assign color for a multiple channels

Post by nemnoshko »

Hello.When I try to assign color to several selected channels, the color is assigned to only one channel

1. Create an empty project
2. Create multiple channels
3. See the channels
4. Select multiple channels with the shift key held down
5. Open the color menu
6. Choose color
7. See that color is assigned only one channel

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 , Cubase Pro 10.5.20

Musicmould

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Does not assign color for multiple channels

Post by Musicmould »

Confirmed, but it's intermittent.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Doesn't matter if I use Project Menu/Colorize Selected Tracks.

I have experienced it for quite some time but it seems a bit random. :?
Last edited by Musicmould on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
iMac Pro | 64Gb Ram | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB | macOS 10.14.6 | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Luna | Pro Tools | Ableton Live | Logic Pro X | Studio One | Melodyne Studio | Revoice Pro | VSL Pro | UAD Apollo 8p+16 | 2xUAD Octo | Softube Console 1 | Motu Midi Express XT | Various drummachines, microphones, hardware synths & fx and way too many plugins |

"Without music, life would be a mistake".

anteas38

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Does not assign color for a multiple channels

Post by anteas38 »

It has 2 ways to color, either by the chanel menu or by the menu in the toolbar. Via the track menu you can color only the track whose color menu you are editing and even if you have selected several tracks. To color the selected group of tracks you have to go through the tools menu in the menu bar at the top.
#sudo make-world-better

Musicmould

Post by Musicmould »

anteas38 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm
To color the selected group of tracks you have to go through the tools menu in the menu bar at the top.
Yes, and it's great when it works - which it only does occasionally.

It's definitely a bug.
Last edited by Musicmould on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
iMac Pro | 64Gb Ram | Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB | macOS 10.14.6 | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Luna | Pro Tools | Ableton Live | Logic Pro X | Studio One | Melodyne Studio | Revoice Pro | VSL Pro | UAD Apollo 8p+16 | 2xUAD Octo | Softube Console 1 | Motu Midi Express XT | Various drummachines, microphones, hardware synths & fx and way too many plugins |

anteas38

Post by anteas38 »

for me it works without problem. If you have made an update from a trial version then do a clean installation again and before remove all that is cubase. programs, programs files, C: \ Users \ *** \ Documents \ steinberg, C: \ Users \ *** \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg etc.
#sudo make-world-better

Musicmould

Post by Musicmould »

I am happy for you.

nemnoshko

Post by nemnoshko »

anteas38 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:35 pm
for me it works without problem. If you have made an update from a trial version then do a clean installation again and before remove all that is cubase. programs, programs files, C: \ Users \ *** \ Documents \ steinberg, C: \ Users \ *** \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg etc.
This is not an update from the trial version. My friend on Cubase 10, everything works fine in the same configuration

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

it doesn't work for me, only 1 track gets the color
Cubase 10.5 PRO latest build, Windows 10 PRO 64bit build 2004, RME Hammerfall 96/52, Ryzen 3900x, Asus X-470 Mainboard 32GB ram, Samsung 970 NVME M.2 PRO, 2x UAD-2 Quad, Benchmark DAC-1, Apogee AD16, Millenia 4 HV3D, SSL XLogic Alpha, Universal Audio LA 610, Focusrite ISA428, Avalon AD2022, Brauner Phantom, Shure, Sennheiser EVO series, AKG C414, Electro Voice RE-20, JZ Blackhole and then some

anteas38

Post by anteas38 »

check the parameters / user interface / track & mix console chanels colors then like I said to color several tracks you have to go through the horizontal menu at the top of cubase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mej0g6Ssdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-z8nbpi8Ag
#sudo make-world-better

nemnoshko

Post by nemnoshko »

[/img][/img]
anteas38 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 am
check the parameters / user interface / track & mix console chanels colors then like I said to color several tracks you have to go through the horizontal menu at the top of cubase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mej0g6Ssdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-z8nbpi8Ag
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Qcxy3 ... haring/url]

ecolvin

Post by ecolvin »

I have the same intermittent / buggy behavior
Regards-
Eric

Cubase Pro (latest) • Mac OS 10.14.6 • 3.46 Ghz “Westmere” 12 core • 128 Gb RAM • MOTU PCI-424 • MOTU MTP-AV-USB • VEP (latest)

Musicmould

Post by Musicmould »

anteas38 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 am
check the parameters / user interface / track & mix console chanels colors then like I said to color several tracks you have to go through the horizontal menu at the top of cubase.
I am fully aware of how to color multiple tracks but it only works sometimes. Most the time only one track gets colored.
That's why I know that it has to be a bug.

I have noticed the behaviour for a while but haven't given it much thought since I usually only color one track at a time anyway. However, lately I have been doing mix templates and when you are coloring 8-16 tracks at a time and coloring fails over and over again it gets old really fast having to color track by track. :roll:

Return to “Issues”