e-licensor "fingerprint" errors won't go away

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
hoghat

e-licensor "fingerprint" errors won't go away

Post by hoghat »

I've had a run of issues with Cubase and managed to get through most of them I think except this one. Last night I had one project (which of course was the project where I was scheduled for a tracking session that night) where when I opened it the Project window wouldn't appear after opening the project. I could get mix control to open but no plugins would show even though I knew they were on the tracks, and I could still hear audio when playing from transport controls. Ran Cubase in safe mode with 3rd party plugins disabled, and using default preferences... didn't do anything. Re-installed Cubase from scratch which also didn't do anything. I finally ended up renaming a .bak file to .cpr and the project loaded successfully that way... wish I had started with that one lol.

Now I'm getting some e-licenser "soft-elicenser" fingerprint errors that won't go away even after following repair procedures.
finger1.JPG
(37.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I tried installing the latest e-licensor control center software, which shows the soft license in red... did maintenance, said I need to run as admin to repair soft license. Ran it as administrator, did the soft license repair. However after launching Cubase I get the same error. Go back to e-licensor control center (running as non-admin) and it's showing it in red still. If I open e-licensor control as admin, it shows the soft license as fine (see elicensor_admin.jpg)... if I open it without admin, it shows it in red (can't add screenshot due to limit)

I tried running Cubase itself as admin... it doesn't throw the errors in that mode, but not sure if I should need to run it as admin every time? When I re-installed Cubase I installed it on c:/ instead of d:/ (where it was before) based on recommendations I saw in the forums. I can see some folders maybe getting mixed up due to that, but not sure how just switching to admin mode would resolve something like that.
elicensor_admin.jpg
(53.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: e-licensor "fingerprint" errors won't go away

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Try start eLCC as administrator and trigger Maintenance, please.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Toaster1974

Post by Toaster1974 »

I'm having the same issues with the e-licenser. With both Dorico 3.5 and Cubase 10.5. If I run the elicenser control centre as admin, do the maintenance, it shows the e-licenser as fine. However, when I start either Cubase or Dorico, I get the invalid system fingerprint message and if I go back to ELC, it shows the error in the e-license... The software works, as my licenses are on the hardware dongle anyhow but it's irritating to get this message every time I want to use my software. I'm not sure either what triggered the message to start coming up, I haven't changed anything in the computer, but if it helps, it started to come up after I moved house...

Sorry to hijack, just thought that someone else's issue might shed some light....

Pierce

AbrahamMusicProject

Post by AbrahamMusicProject »

like many other users, I've been running into eLicenser issues that make no sense, occur at random and prevent me from getting my work done in Clubase 10.5 - But I see it's not limited to just Cubase and it's not a "new" issue. What I don't understand is why Steinberg/Yamaha is not finding a solution by confronting this head on. the work-arounds have only been temporary fixes at best.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Could you be more specific with your issue, please? Can we help you somehow here on the user forum?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Issues”