grouping tracks

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
mark_w_w

grouping tracks

Post by mark_w_w »

I have cubase 10.5 pro and have grouped 2 tracks so that I can apply the same effects processing. I then decided not to use the group, so I deleted the group track. Now both of the tracks previously assigned to the deleted group are silent, the MIDI data is still there, the tracks are not muted, there's just silence. Is this a known bug ? The only way to fix it is to delete the two tracks and start again, not good ! Is there a fix to this ?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: grouping tracks

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

The tracks outputs were originally routed to the Group. If you deleted the Group, the outputs were set to Not Connected by default. Make sure, you rote the outputs to any bus (Stereo Out, most probably), please.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

delphin2424

Re: grouping tracks

Post by delphin2424 »

mark_w_w wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:12 pm
I have cubase 10.5 pro and have grouped 2 tracks so that I can apply the same effects processing. I then decided not to use the group, so I deleted the group track. Now both of the tracks previously assigned to the deleted group are silent, the MIDI data is still there, the tracks are not muted, there's just silence. Is this a known bug ? The only way to fix it is to delete the two tracks and start again, not good ! Is there a fix to this ?
i agree with Martin,

here it is a practical example:

https://youtu.be/Tt0OvjWfrf4?t=1327

enjoy!!!

Return to “Issues”