Komplete Kontrol doesn't see plugins inside Cubase 10

I run Cubase 10 on Windows 10 and have a Komplete Kontrol S88MKII. Everything else works perfectly (I can load and play Kontakt and all other plugins inside Cubase, I can control and play all other plugins with the keyboard, and the controller itself can activate multiple features inside Cubase like Record, etc.)

However, when I am inside Cubase and I load the Komplete Kontrol software and attempt to load a plugin inside of it, it doesn’t work. In fact, it shows that no plugins can be found. This is totally different from running the standalone app - all the plugins are listed and it works perfectly in standalone mode.

Back inside Cubase, I click on EDIT/Preferences/Plugins/Manager. It’s blank. I click “rescan” and it actually does find all the plugins and goes through the motions of rescanning them all - and nothing changes.

Please help! I have seen YouTube videos of people running Komplete Kontrol inside Cubase and Logic without any issues. What gives? How do I fix this? I have checked pages in the Forum and can’t find a resolution. Thank you in advance for any support you can offer.

@cjrc1248 did u find a solution? Im having a similar issue now where i cant load instruments in kontrol inside cubase. It says ‘Loading Issue’ - Plugin Not found

1 Like

same happens to me with trying to open Massive X within Komplete Kontrol inside Cubase, get message “unable to load plug in,” but if I try to open Massive X within Cubase (circumventing Komplete Kontrol, it then opens fine; and also if I try to open Massive X inside Komplete Kontrol in standalone (not within Cubase), it works fine. So it looks like Komplete Kontrol is not able to open up a VST when its running within Cubase. I have found the same behaviour when trying to open the Massive X vst within Maschine.

The way I dixed this was by deleteing the Massive X vst and vst3 files from the plugins folder, and then running native access again, and seleted “repair” to reinstall it. After that it worked. A bit weird though because Massive X was a fresh install anyway, so I don’t know why it didn’t work the first time I installed it.