[CAN-27408] Cubase 10.5 completely slow on Mac Mojave

To be totally honest, when I said there wasn’t a steep learning curve I didn’t expect that to be taken as open Studio One and take off running as it sounds the expectation as you’ve described it.

There IS a learning curve, but it definitely isn’t a steep one. Once your familiarize with the UI and where things are (basic things) then you’d see everything else works off the same principles as Cubase but better IMHO. I “was” a Cubase user since Cubase 3.5 so I am intimately familiar with Cubase moreso than Studio One. So given, I obviously had to learn where certain things were for the most basic operations so there is some initial upfront time to be get familiar with it. But I haven’t spoken to nor heard anyone ever say it was a huge leap to switch. Most I’ve heard from are all in agreement as to what I said.

Does that mean the statement is applicable to everyone? Obviously not :smiley: But I’ve found SO4 to be a rock solid DAW and couldn’t be more happy and definitely more productive now than I was and at the end of the day that’s what it’s about right? Productivity not troubleshooting.

The developers for Studio One are prior developers on the Cubase platform so if you were to take a little time to learn the interface first, I’m certain you’ll see many things are very familiar; only better in some aspects.

For instance, I own an iMac and between the graphics issues and degraded performance I was really struggling. Add the fact that I use VST’s extensively in my Productions; the time it took to freeze a track just to run partially more efficient was killing my production time.

Now I throw as many VST’s as my system can handle into a session, render them to audio in a simple keystroke and then right-click to disable them. Disabling them all takes a fraction of a second and is functionally equivalent to freezing tracks in Cubase and having to wait for that. And if you decide to use them again, unfreezing the tracks can take equally as long. Not anymore for me. I’ve got a need for speed and it just wasn’t working.

Anyway, enough of that. I’m not responding to bash Cubase. For some it’s the perfect DAW and that’s fine. It was for me as well but I’m just not on that band wagon anymore. I was a loyal patron since 1998 so I think I’ve put my time in and have supported Steinberg maybe not as long as some but most definitely longer than most. I really tried to stick in there but times a wasting.

Good Luck and sorry you took my comment in the wrong context. I didn’t mean it that way :wink: