One Button convert Sampler/Instrument Track into Audio Track via a new type of TrackVersions that go from MIDI to Audio

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
lovegames

One Button convert Sampler/Instrument Track into Audio Track via a new type of TrackVersions that go from MIDI to Audio

Post by lovegames »

I would like MIDI tracks and Sampler Tracks to be rendered into audio on the same track, and have new type of TrackVersion that stores MIDI and Audio, so even if you render to Audio, you could still go back to the MIDI, edit the MIDI, and then do a new render to a new AudioTrackVersion... you could then comp between the two AudioTrackVersions onto a 3rd empty AudioTrackVersion..... and after that, you could create an empty MIDITrackVersion and try something completely new. :idea:

ozinga

Re: One Button convert Sampler/Instrument Track into Audio Track via a new type of TrackVersions that go from MIDI to Au

Post by ozinga »

+1

This is close to what Studio One does.
You can drag a midi region to an audio track, and it becomes an audio region. Do edits cut copy paste etc and then you can drag it back to a midi track anytime with all edits reflected in midi. Very useful.

J Buckingham

Re: One Button convert Sampler/Instrument Track into Audio Track via a new type of TrackVersions that go from MIDI to Au

Post by J Buckingham »

+1
Same track... or selected track would be just as cool.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20, i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

dmbaer

Post by dmbaer »

This sounds a bit like SONAR's MIDI track freeze feature (as of maybe 2015 - haven't used SONAR in a really long time). Freeze a MIDI track in SONAR and you see what looks like an audio track. This is great for problem investigation - the frozen audio can be zoomed into just like a normal audio track. So, your suggestion sounds great. The SONAR feature was great. Maybe they're the same thing. If not, +1 either way.
David Baer

Hardware: Intel I7 4-core hyper-threaded; 8M RAM; Dual hard drives; Roland Quad Capture
DAW: Cubase 7.5 64-bit (and SONAR X2 64-bit)
Synths and effects: More than I care to contemplate, but only the 64-bit stuff ever gets used

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”