Track Preset improvements

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
grizzlymv

Track Preset improvements

Post by grizzlymv »

Hi there,
I've been using the track presets (along with the Media Bay) for quite some time now to build a large "Database" of instruments that I can easily search from using the various attributes. I really like it since it's speed up quite significantly my workflows. whenever I have an idea for a sound, I load up the Add track Preset screen, start typing for what I'm looking for and/or using the attributes and instantly get a list of matching instruments I can quickly load and be ready to go. This is dependent to the fact that I initially took the time to properly fill the metadata properly as I saved the track presets.

In my case, I created an empty "template" that contains a few tracks already such as tempo, video, markers, a bunch of folders for my instruments (strings, woodwinds, percs, etc) a bunch of FX tracks (for my delays and Reverbs) and a bunch of Group track for my routes. They were also existing in the project from where I saved the each Track Preset. So when I start project, I start from that template which is a one to one match of what was existing when I saved the track preset originally. This means, the FX tracks and group tracks when I saved the track preset, and when I load it in my new project are identical. In that case, the track preset should retains those mapping and restore them as I load the track preset, but it doesn't.

Here's a few improvements I'd like to see which could bring this as a real game changer, in order of importance:

1- Save Outputs and Sends. When we save a track as a track preset, it save everything except for the Output and Sends. So whenever you load a track preset, even though you're using a project that contains the exact same group track and/or FX tracks as when you originally saved it (as explained above), it doesn't detect them, and therefore, leaves the Sends empty, and route the output to Stereo Out. I understand it cannot force it when it's not there, but when the tracks are there, it should be able to remap them accordingly.

2- Save Track preset screen attributes. Would be great to have the ability to define the fields (attribute) we have in the Save Track preset screen, so it can match what we are using. In my case for instance, I also use the Album, Plugin Vendor and Comments as extra attributes, but I can't edit them at the save stage. I have to do it in 2 phases. 1, I save using the default screen, and 2, open MediaBay, browse to my newly saved instrument, and edit the missing fields. quite annoying and time consuming.

3- Category / Style /SubStyle. Would be great to have the ability to expand the list. Right now we have to work only with the predefined list. If there's a way to expand this, it's not easy to find..

From a discussion I had with other composers on another forum, the first one is really what people are looking for. The 2 others would just make it easier and more efficient to use.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Kind regards,
Martin

matthieuL

Re: Track Preset improvements

Post by matthieuL »

I 100% support all this

davec1

Post by davec1 »

These are useful and sensible improvement ideas and I agree with the priority hierarchy of them as well.

+1

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Yes....+10000%

So little work needs to be done as export/import tracks already maintains the full path with sends, outputs, etc...

LOGIC has a great implementation. If we had a check list when you import to bring in whatever you need would be a great solution. Here is what it can look like as it is in LOGIC....
Logic.png
(104.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Electrochimp

Post by Electrochimp »

+1, especially for routing issue

method1

Post by method1 »

+100 !
Mac Pro 12 core 3.46GHZ
32GB Ram
High Sierra 10.13.4
Cubase 9.5.20
Metric Halo LIO-8 / Lynx Hilo

gpw

Post by gpw »

Also +100% Especially being able to add your own descriptors to the Category/Style/Subset, for example “sound design” “sub bass” etc.

TAM4

Post by TAM4 »

Yes +1!! especially the Routing/Sends issue.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”