PLEASE for the millionth time - create a keycommand/function to RESET SNAP POINTS **UPDATED PROBLEM**

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
lovegames

PLEASE for the millionth time - create a keycommand/function to RESET SNAP POINTS **UPDATED PROBLEM**

Post by lovegames »

It happens all the time when editing small chunks of audio.

There is no quick way of resetting these snap points which affects all sorts of editing workflows, parameters and other basic commands like Quantize.

You can see the error in quantize

You can see me correcting snap points one at a time.

The only way to reset a snap point, is with the command 'Snap Point To Cursor', which does not work great when you have multiple events at different starting points.

This is a request that has been asked for years.
Last edited by lovegames on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

guybuss

Re: PLEASE for the millionth time - create a keycommand/function to RESET SNAP POINTS

Post by guybuss »

This drives me nuts. Cubase seems to move the snap points randomly at times, I'll be working on a project and a random piece of audio will suddenly have its snap point changed. I've never been able to figure out why this happens, if it's me, or literally just random. Catches me out all the time. I have zero use for moveable snap points personally, so I'd prefer a command that snaps the snap point back to the start of the event instantly without moving the cursor to the start of the event and then reseting.

It's rare I get the situation you describe but it does happen.

chikitin

Re: PLEASE for the millionth time - create a keycommand/function to RESET SNAP POINTS

Post by chikitin »

For now, what if you select all the audio and type the start of them in the info bar?
My parts move randomly too. I learned to use Locking events as soon as I think I am done. But recently I learned that locking events not always lock everything such as voicing or chords if it following the chord track!
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external Monitors and SBX subwoofer
VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

guybuss wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:56 pm
This drives me nuts. Cubase seems to move the snap points randomly at times, I'll be working on a project and a random piece of audio will suddenly have its snap point changed. I've never been able to figure out why this happens, if it's me, or literally just random. Catches me out all the time. I have zero use for moveable snap points personally, so I'd prefer a command that snaps the snap point back to the start of the event instantly without moving the cursor to the start of the event and then reseting.

It's rare I get the situation you describe but it does happen.
In this instance, I've discovered it is ARA2/Spectralayers causing it when an event isn't perfectly on the grid/start of a bar.

But this can't be the only cause, I've had this problem occur a lot way before ARA2 was invented. Maybe as far back as SX3.

I have hundreds of projects, song ideas, etc with this problem. It becomes apparent when opening up old projects, or importing tracks to project.

There is also the issue of, and another instance I believe this pops up, is if you are recording I think there is some sort of "smart" placement of the start point that isn't always correct, and or, if you have a long record buffer in which you are lengthening the start of the recorded events to include buffer.

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

These creates SO MANY EDITING and EXPORT ERRORS - - - - PLEASE FIX THIS

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

I figured out what can cause this!

BOUNCING WITH THE RANGE TOOL

(As well as initiating ARA2)

lovegames

Re: PLEASE for the millionth time - create a keycommand/function to RESET SNAP POINTS **UPDATED PROBLEM**

Post by lovegames »

faridbostan wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:33 pm
+1
Thanks, this has been such an annoying quirk for so long!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”