Customizable head symbols in Drum map setup.

Hello,

I am having issues with this as well. And, supposedly, a lot of musicians (drummers) who do a lot of drum scoring.

I’ve been using the score editor and a custom drum map for quite a while now. I find it to be a very useful feature as I am able to program the drum part in midi for composing, arranging, playback, etc. and use the score editor for creating scores.

One of the “tricks” I have used so far is that I’ve made a separate midi note for snaredrum ghost notes for example. In General midi note #39 (D1#) is used for handclap, in my custom drummap the output note is set to #38 (C1) (snaredrum). I don’t use the handclaps so D1# has the same sample (snaredrum) triggered. Obviously you could use one of the unused notes in the drummap. The note velocity for D1# is set to 25 in order the have a dynamic sound level difference for playback. In the drummap the head symbol is set to a ‘slash’ head. Here’s the problem, commonly the note head for ghost notes is like this:
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 20.15.25.png
This bracket note head is not available in the drum map setup. Obviously you could use a standard note head and edit the note head in the score editor (“bracket head” in Set Note info) in order to display the brackets. But this is a lot of manual work because you have to select all of the intended ghost notes in de score editor and convert them to bracket notes. Preferably the bracket head would be available in de drum map setup.

This applies to a few other note heads for drumset notation as well, a few examples:
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 20.40.59.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 20.41.34.png
I would be nice that these note heads would become available in future update’s so that a specific drumset sound/or playing technique could be programmed as midi and consequently the correct note head would appear in the score editor.

Maybe some of you have further tips, tricks or workarounds for this issue? I am very eager to learn more efficient drumset scoring techniques in the Cubase score editor.