Networking PLEASE

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
SoundOf

Re: Networking PLEASE

Post by SoundOf »

I think most will try to do it all on one computer, easier to manage, but there may be a project that gets very big and the computer struggles, why not offload some of the processing to another computer or two if the option is there?
Cubase Pro 10.5 / Reason 11 / Steinberg UR44 / Nektar Impact GX61 MIDI Keyboard / KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors / Rode NT1A Mic / Komplete 11 Ultimate / Reveal Sound Spire / Synthmaster 2.9 / Synthmaster One
Win 7 / Intel Core i7-3770 / Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H / 16GB (4 x 4GB) Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz / Noctua Dual Radiator CPU Fan / Main Drive - Samsung SSD Pro 840 250GB / Sample Drives - 2 x Toshiba 3TB HD P300

ha33y

Post by ha33y »

SoundOf wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:31 am
I think most will try to do it all on one computer, easier to manage, but there may be a project that gets very big and the computer struggles, why not offload some of the processing to another computer or two if the option is there?
I agree, but if anyone ever used FX Teleport back in the day, it wasn't hard to manage at all, in fact it was simplicity itself! select the plugin and from which computer to run it....that was it...very clever, very easy, very workable and a life saver. Why can't Steinberg incorporate this into the program for those who wish to use it. For those that don't, fine, they don't have to, but I am sure, the majority of people would find this a God-Send, I also feel sure Cubase would blow all competition out of the water purely because of this brilliant feature.

cubace

Post by cubace »

There are already network audio standards. Unfortunately two; AVB and Dante. You can get to cubase instances to communicate with this.

cubace

Post by cubace »

One think that might get more people do use cubase in distributed way is Apples move to Arm. Lot's of stuff that wont move that easy. All Mac users will move over a long time. Some will move to Arm based mac, other might go to Windows. Possible that ios and android will be part of that move to. Or linux or what ever. Intel Mac era is to end, in two year you can't buy it any more. And people will user the mac for at least 5 years after that. So it is a 7 year of mess...

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”