Alt+Scroll Wheel To Zoom In/Out Vertically?

Holding down alt + scroll wheel currently doesn’t do anything. Holding down ctrl + scroll wheel zooms horizontally, and holding down shift + scroll wheel moves horizontally. I think it would make ergonomic sense to implement this function, as well as saving us two primary keyboard hotkey slots and making the function faster to use.

5 Likes

+1

You can always get a mouse with key command edits. I use a logitech M560 and I have my key commands setup within the logitech editor for cubase.
I can choose whatever I want :0

Thanks, that’s a good idea. I wondered if that was possible, may well try that.

+1

+1, I’m missing that especially in MIDI editor!

There are so many very good Keycommands for zoom! (KeyCommands > Zoom)
I hate 24/7 mouse scrolling. With KC I´m very fast - faster than with mouse.

Good idea :nerd: although ‘Alt’ is already used to change the cursor to Pencil mode.

Developers should change this first: to ‘Alt’ +* :ugeek:

alt + mouse wheel, has no other function atm, the alt key is used in lots of different combinations for different tools, your suggestion doesn;t make any sense. When is using alt for the pen or cutting tool which requires left clicking, going to interfere with zooming with the mouse wheel?

+1

+1

Oh yes please. Hey Steinberg, you have this feature in Wavelab. Why not Cubase? Cheers

Up Vote + 1
Frustrated after an hours digging around investigating custom key mapping that this isn’t achievable.

+1

+1

How did you do that? I tried to get mine to work but they dont appear in the Add box…Do i have to make a cubase profile in my logitek mouse software?

If you have mac - get it done with a program called “BetterTouchTool”. Behaviour just like in logic

+1 or use alt and command for a zoom tool like Logic Pro x

+1

+1