Floating Transport panel - Please 2-line design again!

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
Klappermann

Floating Transport panel - Please 2-line design again!

Post by Klappermann »

Dear Steinberg,

I miss the 2-line design of the F2 transport panel painfully!
- 3 monitors and panel is very impractical with my "most used options" configured.
- simply too long
- does not fit on my laptop as well (too long)
Switching off all needed options until it fits, makes it almost unusable fore me

Would be awesome to be able to configure it to have 1 or 2 rows, as well as all options from the old one.
-- there's no metronome on/off/config anymore on the new floating transport panel in Windows 10/Cubase 10 combi
(not configurable on the panel options; simply not there).
-- seem to be available on MAC, but not in Windows 10

Thanks and happy Christmas

yhxhy

Re: Floating Transport panel - Please 2-line design again!

Post by yhxhy »

+1
I feel the same about the single row transport panel. And, the lack of metronome control on the transport panel is an obvious critical problem in Windows, (I'm using Win 8.1) .
Since this is a critical technical problem, if they don't do anything to fix this, I am going to write directly to YAMAHA (the owner of Steinberg) to report the problem to the developer team because Yamaha usually writes back to customers and tells us in advance if the problem is to be solved or not.

davidlewis91

Post by davidlewis91 »

Yea definitely. 2 lanes made more logical sense.

Cubase 10.0.20 | Windows 10 - 64 bit | Gigabyte Z87-HD3 | Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5GHz | 16GB RAM | GeForce GT 610

rumbero

Post by rumbero »

davidlewis91 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:39 pm
2 lanes made more logical sense.
Definitely!
Agree 100% with you!
Windows 7 Ultimate, Cubase Pro versions 9.5.50 and 10.0.40, Steinberg UR22 mk2

SteveIRas

Post by SteveIRas »

Transport panel has changed from most useful to least useful panel with single line format.

Please provide choice of formats - a resizeable window would be best, but an option to return to 2 line format would suffice.

Due to poor eyesight, I run a low resolution on my main monitor - this means the transport panel now scales across both monitors so is ugly and more difficult to navigate.

Finally, please give the option to show maybe 16 markers on the panel - who decided that convenient access to just 8 makers made sens?

Mikos19

Post by Mikos19 »

Please , Steinberg , give the old transport panel !!!
Cubase Pro 10 , Wavelab Pro 9.5 , Absolute 3 VST Inst
RME UC , Dynaudio BM6A
Win 10 x64 , i7 , 12GB RAM , GeForce 430 -1GB

Nuieve

Post by Nuieve »

As an option.

I just switched from C5 and always found that floating panel annoying as hell, it was always in the way or obscured by other windows, just a major PITA. Eventually I just parked it at the very bottom of the screen where the C10 panel is and resized all windows to not cover it. I don't mind detachable one to make everyone happy but please leave an option to leave one as is for those who like it.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Nuieve wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:02 pm
it was always in the way or obscured by other windows
You can turn it on and off as required using F2 -- that, and "floating" means it need never obscure anything. See also my post: Transport Panel (F2) still horrible
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Nuieve

Post by Nuieve »

I did a lot of F2 turning on and off and then wondering where the heck it went.

I got used to it but it was one of the most annoying and frustrating things in C5 for me. It just never was where it needed to be (fixed at the bottom of the screen where it is now) But if some people liked it, by all means there's no reason why it can't come back.

Again, as an option.

I'd be mad if Steinberg switched it to floating-only.

Real mad.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

We are talking about two different things here.
Nuieve wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm
I'd be mad if Steinberg switched it to floating-only
Nobody is asking for floating-only. The thing you are referring to, and like, is called the Transport Bar and is turned on or off from the Setup Window Layout icon Image in the top right of the screen in the project window toolbar and is fixed at the bottom of the screen.

This post is about is the Transport Panel which is activated by F2, can be moved around, and is always on top.

In Cubase 9 it looks like this: Image

In Cubase 10, it's basically just a movable copy of the Transport Bar, here even at it's most compact usable size:
Everything is in one line. If you turn on the same amount of displays as in the earlier version, the thing is stretched so long you have to jump back and forth on, and when all displays are on, it won't even fit on a 1920-pixel wide screen (FHD). Madness.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 7.0.10 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Nuieve

Post by Nuieve »

Yeah, that thing is exactly what I'm talking about. Bar/panel, poteto/potato.

Everyone's workflow is different, but I never found it useful, it had no useful information of buttons for me. It was just an annoying, useless floating thing that I just learned to live with, nothing more... and now that it's gone/turned into a bar in C10 I'm happy about it.

For movement I prefer keys, the only other button on that bar/panel I ever click is "loop". All the other buttons/info I never use/care about them.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Nuieve wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:25 am
It was just an annoying, useless floating thing that I just learned to live with, nothing more... and now that it's gone/turned into a bar in C10 I'm happy about it
Ah, I guess that's OK then .... I'll let all the others who've been using it for the past 30 years know.
:P

cortone

Post by cortone »

I'll vote for a return to the 2-line as an option, and raise that vote for including a 3-line option!

Swurveman

Post by Swurveman »

+1
Cubase 10 Pro, Windows 10 , Intel Core i7 CPU, 950 @ 3.07 GHz, 16 GB RAM, , ATI RADEON 5450 Video Card 1GB - Dual DVI, 750GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 64mb cache Hard Drive (OS), 2 x 1TB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 64mb cache Hard Drive (Media), Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R LGA1366 socket motherboard for Intel® Core™ i7 processor family. Lynx Aurora 16, RME HDSPe

Swurveman

Post by Swurveman »

MrSoundman wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:41 pm
We are talking about two different things here.
Nuieve wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm
I'd be mad if Steinberg switched it to floating-only
Nobody is asking for floating-only. The thing you are referring to, and like, is called the Transport Bar and is turned on or off from the Setup Window Layout icon Image in the top right of the screen in the project window toolbar and is fixed at the bottom of the screen.

This post is about is the Transport Panel which is activated by F2, can be moved around, and is always on top.

In Cubase 9 it looks like this: Image

In Cubase 10, it's basically just a movable copy of the Transport Bar, here even at it's most compact usable size:
Everything is in one line. If you turn on the same amount of displays as in the earlier version, the thing is stretched so long you have to jump back and forth on, and when all displays are on, it won't even fit on a 1920-pixel wide screen (FHD). Madness.
I hope Steinberg is listening. In the meantime, for us users who like the old Transport where you could click your mouse anywhere on it and grab it, is there a way to set that up, or will it only grab on the edge. So, annoying.
Cubase 10 Pro, Windows 10 , Intel Core i7 CPU, 950 @ 3.07 GHz, 16 GB RAM, , ATI RADEON 5450 Video Card 1GB - Dual DVI, 750GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 64mb cache Hard Drive (OS), 2 x 1TB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 64mb cache Hard Drive (Media), Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R LGA1366 socket motherboard for Intel® Core™ i7 processor family. Lynx Aurora 16, RME HDSPe

opcode

Post by opcode »

davidlewis91 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:39 pm
2 lanes made more logical sense.
+1
I can't believe the one-line option is all we've got now. The old bar was way cleaner.
The new one is flexibly configurable, so there's that, but surely there must be a middle ground.
Cubase Pro 10.0.50, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 32 GB, AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP

Stereomusic

Post by Stereomusic »

Although there are a lot of complaints because of the floating transport panel after 10.0.50 update the panel still comes only in 1 row

looks like Steinberg does NOT listen to its customers, that's extremely annoying!

Tj99

Post by Tj99 »

Nuieve wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:25 am
Yeah, that thing is exactly what I'm talking about. Bar/panel, poteto/potato.

Everyone's workflow is different, but I never found it useful, it had no useful information of buttons for me. It was just an annoying, useless floating thing that I just learned to live with, nothing more... and now that it's gone/turned into a bar in C10 I'm happy about it.

For movement I prefer keys, the only other button on that bar/panel I ever click is "loop". All the other buttons/info I never use/care about them.
Agree with Nuieve, on C10 they finally found a way where it isnt always in the way. Also I need as much vertical space as possible, horizontal space is not the problem nowadays with those wide screens. Would never want the old design back!
Last edited by Tj99 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Recording - Mixing - Mastering

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

First off, +1 for a 2-line design back please.

What annoys me with the new 'slimline' design, is that the navigation/position readouts now all look the same - the Locators, Punch In/Out, Duration and Timeline position boxes all merge into one indistinguishable mess, as you glance there... Why can't at least the main Timeline Position be a bigger readout than the rest..?

Once again, look at how intelligent, clear and unambiguous these equivalents are displayed in Studio One, (or most other well known DAW's or audio editors).

(And yes, I do use the floating 'separate Time Display' - but that eventually ends up annoying me as well...)

(And, bring back the old, flexible/resizeable, Right-Click pop-up Toolbox.!!)
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5.20, WaveLab Pro v10.0.40, Studio One v4.6.1, Dorico Elements v3.5.10, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

OxygenBeats

Post by OxygenBeats »

I'm mostly just sad that the transport has to be at the bottom of the screen now... You used to be able to have it up top with the other controls... now... it's stuck on the bottom. :'(

Tj99

Post by Tj99 »

OxygenBeats wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:45 pm
I'm mostly just sad that the transport has to be at the bottom of the screen now... You used to be able to have it up top with the other controls... now... it's stuck on the bottom. :'(
You can undock it from the bottom and put it in one line with the other stuff. thats what I do now. Like it as it is. Yeah it could/should be docked, but there is this workaround which does its job and thereare a lot of other much more important things to fix now imho!

Recording - Mixing - Mastering

OxygenBeats

Post by OxygenBeats »

Tj99 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:53 pm
OxygenBeats wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:45 pm
You can undock it from the bottom and put it in one line with the other stuff. thats what I do now. Like it as it is. Yeah it could/should be docked, but there is this workaround which does its job and thereare a lot of other much more important things to fix now imho!

Haha man, for a sec I saw that image and thought it was actually docked up there and I was like "woah! how the heck did i miss that?" lol.. Yeah, I know you can have the floating window, and you can put that really anywhere you want, but I don't like the idea of it floating.. probably just my OCD. I'd rather just have it docked at the bottom than float at the top, even though I'd prefer it best to be docked at the top. Anyway, not a big deal though.

jgzuniga

Post by jgzuniga »

I vote to bring back the two bar high transport panel. I liked having the numbers above the play button and also the singe line is way to long to practically use. And the fact that you can only grasp it to move it from its tiny sides wayyyyy at either far end of it is crazy impracticable

jb

Post by jb »

Very anoying..+1.
Fix this. Unusable by design right now.
Unless you are on 3x 4k monitors.

And this: why? It was great the way it was:
What annoys me with the new 'slimline' design, is that the navigation/position readouts now all look the same - the Locators, Punch In/Out, Duration and Timeline position boxes all merge into one indistinguishable mess
Studio: Cubase 10.5 + jBridge 1.75
Intel I7 4930K @3.4Ghz/Asus P9X79/16gb/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610/RME Digiface and MultifacePCI/W10-64
Studio 2: Clone with RME digiface
Controllers: https://www.jbgeluid.nl/en/jurmix/
Dual Ipad2/16gb, Lemur running customized 16channel Mackie control and multiple 14 bits generic remote templates, presonus faderport, BCR2000

Nick95

Post by Nick95 »

+1

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”