Previous Transport Bar was better...

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 can be posted here.
micantino

Previous Transport Bar was better...

Post by micantino »

Sorry but I prefered the previous float Transport Bar. I find the current one too long and uncomfortable.
Please, restore the previous transport bar: more compact, efficient and can also be used in small screens.
At least, offer us the possibility to restore the previous from the general settings or offer an option to resize it in height.
Thanks.
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5.x + Pro 9.5, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 64bit.
System: ASUS X99 Deluxe II, CPU Core-i7 5930K, 128GB RAM Corsair Vengeance, GTX960 4GB Strix.
Storage: SSD M.2 Samsung 970 PRO 512GB, SSD Samsung Pro 512GB, SSD Crucial 760GB, 6x WD 3TB Black
Soundcard: RME Fireface 800, Tascam 1884FW, Focusrite Presonus Pro24 DSP, MIDI
Controllers: Korg, Roli, iCon, Lemur, iPad
Sound Library: EastWest PLAY + ComposerCloud Plus HD, VSL, N.I. Kontakt 6, UVI Workstation, Engine2

etchell

Re: Previous Transport Bar was better...

Post by etchell »

+1

This new style(?) is awful! :evil:
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

Geppastro

Post by Geppastro »

Sorry, I'd quite like the new transport bar being singole-row. BUT:

1) some sections are missing (for example the metronome); I think it's an already acknowledged issue (I hope we won't have to wait forever for a fix);

2) on the new transport bar the same information occupies much more space, without being more readable (IMO) due to less text/background contrast. I really don't understand why icons/text on the transport bar have been enlarged, something that I don't remember anyone asked for, while at the same time we continue to have those horrible tiny scrollbars that a lot of people (me included) can't stand. :?

3) I don't like the new flat design (including the tranport bar), but I guess that's just me.
Paolo (Cubase user since 1995 -> Cubase Audio on Atari Falcon)
Hardware (desktop): i7-880 3.06 Ghz ; 16 Gig RAM ; Asus P7H55-M/USB3 ; Echo Gina 24 PCI sound card ; ESI M8U XL 8x8 midi interface ; Steinberg CMC-TP.
Software (desktop): : Windows 10 Enterprise (64 bit) / Cubase Pro 10.5 v10.5.20 (64 bit) / WaveLab Pro 9.5 v9.5.50 (64 bit) / HALion 6 v6.1.0 (64 bit) / HALion Symphonic Orchestra / Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D.
Software (laptop Sony VAIO i5-4200U 2.29 Ghz ; 8 Gig RAM): Windows 10 Home (64 bit) / Cubase Elements 9.5 v9.5.50 (64 bit).

Lhotse

Post by Lhotse »

micantino wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:38 pm
Sorry but I prefered the previous float Transport Bar. I find the current one too long and uncomfortable.
Please, restore the previous transport bar: more compact, efficient and can also be used in small screens.
At least, offer us the possibility to restore the previous from the general settings or offer an option to resize it in height.
Thanks.
+1

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo »

Yes, and make it a choice.
Latest Cubase 10.5, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i9 10920x 12-core 4.8gHz, 128 gigs RAM, AMD RX-550 , plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

suntower

Post by suntower »

+1. And so was the Export Audio and a bunch of other GUI elements.
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

Accel0001

Post by Accel0001 »

+1
DAW: Cubase 10.0.60 (6.5-10), FL Studio 20.7 (8-20.7), Ableton Live 10 (8-10), Studio One (2-4.6), etc.
PC1: Win10 Pro (1909), AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X (24Core) 4.25GHz (OC, Boost off, CPPC off, SMT off (All cores Higher clock frequency Lower voltage)), 128GB RAM (3733)
PC2: Win7 Ultimate, Intel i7-3930K (6Core) 4.2GHz (OC, Boost off, HT off), 32GB RAM (2133)

Carvin Man

Post by Carvin Man »

+1

yhxhy

Post by yhxhy »

+1
I was actually also going to post a thread about the transport bar. ver.10 design is very annoying. too many things to complain about.
The easiest and quickest way to solve this problem is to get the ver.9.5 transport bar back to Cubase 10.

If they don't do it, and they are going to stick to the new design,
I want them to modify at least these things written below.

1). Currently, the button to turn on/off the metronome click sound doesn't appear on the top tool bar and on the transport bar. it's only on the bottom tool bar.
I want to put/show items selected from the same number of choices equally on the upper, the lower and the transport bar.
At least, on the transport bar, all the items in the upper tool bar and the lower tool bar should be selectable.

2). Currently, it can only show 8 markers. it used to be 15 marker points in ver.9.5. Some people need a lot of buttons to jump to marker points. If this is not Cubase Pro, it can be fine because the lower grade cubase is not for professional mixing/editing. But, this is the highest grade of the application, and it's supposed to be able to handle any sorts of heavy projects. I Need more than 8 markers shown on the bar.

They could say I just need to open the marker window. But, when opening a main project window, the marker window can be hidden below the project window when clicking areas on the project window. If they want to stick to this method, they should add "Always On Top" button on the marker window so that it can keep staying over the project window.

3). The ver 10 transport bar's visibility is terrible. It doesn't have to be in one single line. I want them to use two or multiple lines to organize shown items in better way. The ver 9.5 transport bar was way better in this design. Also, I want them to use more colors or at least more steps of gray scales (darkness/brightness) like in ver.9.5. now in ver. 10, it looks like it's designed for color blinded people, and very hard to see. too much contrast.

I assume they made the new tool bars thinking of the situation being used on touch panel monitors, so items are large and selectable by fingers.
I understand it, but I think it shouldn't completely replace the previous design mainly for non-tablet, regular pc users. Make it selectable in the configuration or somewhere.

mart

Post by mart »

suntower wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 am
+1. And so was the Export Audio and a bunch of other GUI elements.
Agreed. Redesign for redesign sake
Windows 10 Build 1909 , Gigabyte x58 Soc FORCE, 16gb Ddr4 RAM, Intel 5930x, Cubase 10.5, Dorico 3 UAD-2 PCIe (1 x OCTO & 1 x Quad ), Protools 12.7, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 with 32gb Slave PC.

arieln

Post by arieln »

+1
I used to use it a lot, and now I just don't :(
In big screens, means, I end moving the mouse back and forward all the way to the bottom of the screen constantly.
And when working on the laptop, the fixed transport bar at the bottom takes very precious space.
Cubase Pro 10.5 / Windows 10 64bits

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 »

+1 --

I completely agree with much of what's said here. The Ver 9.5 Transport was much better. More compact, looked cooler, had more functions, was a better fit in all Editors. The Alt-Click to open Metronome options worked, etc.

OT: For another post, but while I'm thinking about this. -- I also, can't stand the annoying. carpal tunnel syndrome inducing, system where you have to hold down the mouse button to change modes on the tools -- resize, line, etc. Clicking the down arrow was better, and, when you do the "new move" and the thing turns green, then the menu appears, it stays in the way. The old tool bar would disappear to allow editing to resume. this new system is an annoying workflow slowdown. The Pro 9.5 version was better. Topic for another post -- just mentioning it here since it seems related to the overall new GUI design for tool bars and the transport bar.).
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

OnkelGrusom

Post by OnkelGrusom »

In_Stereo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:55 am
Yes, and make it a choice.
+1 :shock:
-------- Cubase 8 and earlier, Halion Sonic 2, Hyper Sonic 2, Superior & EZ Drummer, Tonelab, Tube-Tech LCA 2B, Neumann U67 and ADK Hamburg, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Core I7 4790K, 16 gig DDR3 ram --------
Feel free to check out my music on:
http://urort.p3.no/#!/Search/chapter%2520eight?List

fese

Post by fese »

+1
I liked the old transport. I had it perfectly fitted at the top, at a size where I had everything I needed and it didn't cover anything I had to switch the new one off because it is rather useless now. too wide, not enough contrast on the UI elements.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Apart from the fact that it's horrible, it's actually broken:
Transport Panel (F2) "show all" wider than FHD screen
A UI element that cannot fit on a 1920x1080 screen is simply inexcusable in design terms.
When that's done to one of the central control elements of the application, it's negligence.
When it's not red-flagged by even the most basic beta-testing, it's incompetence.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 6.0.30 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Dodecadence

Post by Dodecadence »

+1
and same goes for the new toolbox. also horrible 1-line design now and really hard to decipher symbols due to dark background and clunky indistinguishable symbols.
really bad design choices all over the place...
Cubase Pro v10.5.0 | Win7 Pro x64 | Gigabyte X99-UD4P-CF | Core i7 5960X @3.0 GHz | 32Gb RAM | 4x1Tb SSD (Projects/VSTi), 4Tb HDD (Audio/Video) | NVIDIA GTX 960 @4GB | 4 Monitors: 2x 1920x1080 (27"/42"), 2x 1920x1200 (24") | RME UCX, Steinberg CMC AI & CH, Novation Impulse 61 & Bass Station II, Yamaha P-80, Avid Eleven Rack, Softube Console 1 | Cubase user since 2009

oneirogen

Post by oneirogen »

+1

mitchiemasha

Post by mitchiemasha »

I'm getting used to it now. Doesn't take long before we forget the old.
W10, CP10.5, i7 9700k OC 5.0, Noctua NH-U9S, MSI z390, 16Gb 3000Mhz DDR4, PCIe NVME 970 Pro, Be Quiet SP11, Virus TI (Integrated), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped), Dynaudio BM5's mkII & Eve SC305's.

mrfixit0

Post by mrfixit0 »

I certainly miss the previous version even after a couple of months running Cubase 10. Notwithstanding the the "new and improved" look and screen real estate savings, they broke many of the transport features as indicated in the posts above. I would certainly appreciate the option to have the old type back as an option. Since there are many bugs to fix for this feature, take the extra time to add the legacy style back please, even if you cant add an actual resize option.

bt-studio

Post by bt-studio »

+1 New transport bar is unusable!

D-SANE

Post by D-SANE »

+1 Not a fan of the new transport. #IfItAintBrokeDontFixIt

Plus, I have an issue where I open sessions and the transport is miniature and missing all of the buttons/numbers. I have to close it and reopen it to get it to appear properly. Am I the only one with this issue? I came on here looking to see if this was a problem for anyone else?
Win7 Ult / Cubase Pro 10.5 / Wavelab Pro 10.0.20

Dave "D-Sane" Severance III
Producer/Engineer/President
Digital Age Sound/Street Level Records
Not 2 Sane Music (ASCAP)

http://www.facebook.com/DigitalAgeSound
https://www.instagram.com/dsane206
http://www.twitter.com/DSane206
http://www.DigitalAgeSound.com (Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering)
http://www.StreetLevelRecords.com (Record Label)

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

D-SANE wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:45 am
I came on here looking to see if this was a problem for anyone else
I suspect you might not get too many responses if, like me, people are staying in 9.5 and only working in 10 for stuff where they don't need to use the horrible Transport Panel.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 6.0.30 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

D-SANE

Post by D-SANE »

I'd like to know why this is happening when I open sessions. Never had this problem until now..............
Attachments
20190401_215800.jpg
(1.3 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Win7 Ult / Cubase Pro 10.5 / Wavelab Pro 10.0.20

Dave "D-Sane" Severance III
Producer/Engineer/President
Digital Age Sound/Street Level Records
Not 2 Sane Music (ASCAP)

http://www.facebook.com/DigitalAgeSound
https://www.instagram.com/dsane206
http://www.twitter.com/DSane206
http://www.DigitalAgeSound.com (Production, Recording, Mixing & Mastering)
http://www.StreetLevelRecords.com (Record Label)

MGiardetti

Post by MGiardetti »

+1 (one major point is having only 8 markers vs. more in previous - or at least option to add more and float). thanks

Willempy47

Post by Willempy47 »

As I love Nuendo since version 2.0 (around 2004 I think it was) , I never feld so disapointed as now. The new toolbar type is indead a very horrible thing, that is not practical at all. The old one was compact, logical, consistent and ordered. It was realy a pleasure to work with it. Please Steinberg, give us a choice.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”