Is it possible to buy the paid version before the free trial ends?

I’m doing a 30 day free trial of Cubase Elements 10.5 and I really like it and have decided I’m going to buy it. Is it possible to buy the paid version before the 30 day trial ends, or do I need to wait until it ends? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.

Yes, of course you can buy it before the trial ends. How to buy it??? Simply follow the Shop link at the top of the Steinberg homepage, or press the big red “BUY CUBASE” button on the Cubase product page, that will link you to the Shop page.

Cubase 11 is expected in a month or so, so you could wait for that though and get the new features too.

Ok, so it might be best to wait until Cubase 11 is released, then? How will I upgrade from 10.5 to 11? Is it worth learning how to use Elements 10.5 only to have to learn it all again in version 11?

Sure, you can use the free trial now, so why not? Buying C11 is very likely the same price as buying C10.5. If you buy 10.5 now, you will likely want the paid update to C11 in a few weeks… Every year there are new customers complaining about a new update in november/december, because they had just recently bought the previous version and then there’s almost directly a new version to update/pay for. They have a “grace period” for a free update, but I think it’s just 3 weeks or something like that.

1. Buy the full C11 Elements version (you can’t buy an update from a free Trial version).
  2. Download it using the Steinberg Download Assistant.
  3. Install it (in a new folder side by side to your old 10.5 installation, that you can keep for a while if the new version is buggy).
  4. Activate your newly bought license by entering your new Activation code in the eLicenser Control System.
  5. Finish off by registering at your MySteinberg account.

You don’t have to learn it all again… Overall, it will be the same, with some new features added on top.

You can just as well buy Elements 10.5 now, and activate the license when Elements 11 is released, you will then automatically get a free grace period update to V11

Ok thanks for your reply, I think I’ll follow your advice. Is there an official release date for Cubase 11? Also, will project files saved on version 10.5 still load ok in version 11?

Yes, it doesn’t matter if you buy it now or later, just wait with the license activation until C11 is released, to be sure to have C11 included.
(The license will then be automatically updated to version 11 at the time of activation.)

No, there’s no official release date. We just know when it’s been released historically (very regularly 2012-2019. It can always change though).

Yes, 10.5 projects will load fine in 11 (because they have to).

Hello again. Since writing this post, I bought a Tascam US 2x2 audio interface and I noticed it comes with a Cubase LE license card with a download access code for it. Apparently, if I install Cubase LE I would then be entitled to upgrade to Elements for just £42 rather than £85, according to this page:

What is the best way for me to proceed from here? As I said, I’m currently doing a 30 day free trial of Elements 10.5. Can I install Cubase LE with the download access code I got and then upgrade to elements for the lower price, even though I’m currently already doing the 30 day trial?

Yes, just buy the upgrade from Cubase LE/AI when Cubase 11 is out, or same as said above, buy the upgrade now and wait activating until 11 is out.